UPDATE: 1.5 YEARS SINCE ANKLE LIGAMENT SURGERY

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey Everyone,

?I just wanted to give an update. It's been 1.5 years since my Ankle Ligament Reconstruction Surgery, both ligaments were COMPLETELY torn (ATFL and Calaceno).

I had lived with this pain since 2007.

?I am glad to say I feel much better now! I can walk without pain and my ankle is slowly recovering. The swelling will take time to reduce, but overall I am doing well.

(I still wear my mini ankle brace when ever I go out, for safety)

?For those of you whom have had surgery, hang in there! You will get better gradually and do not lose hope. This was a dark time in my life, but I realized that I had to think positive as Mind and Body work hand in hand. 

?Thank you to this amazing website and all the people who commented during my journey. 

?God bless. I hope you all have a fast pain-free recovery.

My old post from last year is listed below:

8 Months Ankle Ligament Reconstruction, Still Pain

Posted about a year ago

Hey everyone, thank God I saw these forums!

?I've had ankle problems for past 9 years. First it was ONE partially torn ligament (ATFL) and my surgeon at that time said "your too young for surgery". In those 9 years I had crazy pain..some days were terrible.

?

?Fast-Forward 9 years, did Private MRI showing 

TWO COMPLETE TORN ligaments in my Ankle (ATFL and Calcenao).

?Surgeon recommended surgery as problem got worse! Did the surgery and I am now 8 MONTHS in.

?Unforunately, I am still having lot of pain. When I'm resting i'm fine. When I walk long distances for long periods of time, the pain comes. That time I have to STOP walking or sit down somewhere and rest. This keeps happening back and forth. I'm lucky if I can walk for 1 hour WITHOUT pain.

?My physio is saying 1-2 years of recovery. However, I feel 8 months is long time to still have pain by just walking.

?Any suggestions? Do you really think 12 months in I can walk with no pain?

?I just turned 28 and this is the worse feeling. Thanks for reading

3 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

That's wonderful that your recovery is coming along so well. So often we only hear the bad stories. It's nice to hear a good one. Thanks for sharing!

• Posted

A wonderful and inspiring story of recovery! Thanks for sharing!

Wishing you many more pain free years ahead! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.