update

Posted , 1 user is following.

I dont seem to need to eat at all now and the crying and crying has started again although i still feel nothing.there are voices in my head i cant work out if they are me or not,I just try to get through the day as best i can so that i can sleep ang get away.its getting harder and harder to try to act normal when I cant remember how normal I used to be.nothing feels real,I cant do this much longer.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to be stating the obvious but you shouldnt feel like that after a couple of months, youve got to get to see you GP / Doc soon, tell them how you feel is no good at all infact its terrible sad
  • Posted

Hello do you have a community psychiatric nurse or are you seeing a psychiatrist at the moment? You should be seeing someone A.S.A.P as your symptoms are ringing alarm bells for me. If nobody seems availab le then ask a friend to take you to A&E to be assessed by the duty psychiatrist. You may be in for a long wait though. You should not be suffering like this and with the proper meds and support you will get better.
  • Posted

today woke up crying,weird pointless feeling nothing crying,am taking diazepam 10mg when it gets too much,which isnt prescribed but if I dont I cant keep up the pretence to husband and 16 and 13 year old daughter that I am still just about ok.have initial psychiatric assessment on tuesday but my head is rushing and the voices are always there,getting harder to keep going,im abit scared now,if I say how bad it is everyone will panic,but the whole world is starting to look a bit unreal,Im not sure if im still me because Im doing things im not expecting,i hate classical music but now I cant listen to anything else in the car,i cant eat,if i go out it makes me panic,mirtazapine and dosulepin not working,why arent they?
  • Posted

Just wondering if you have someone to talk to if you feel this bad? I'm glad that you are seeing the psychiatrist. I am still recovering from a severe depressive episode which I'm sure without treatment would have involved a hospital admission. Most of of your symptoms sound like a severe depressive episode however hearing voices is not. Try not to be afraid help is at hand in the form of this doctor. I would try to get another family member to talk to your GP as your symptoms have changed. Being on meds does not prevent depression if that is what you are suffering from. Your meds will almost certainly be changed and uppped on Tuesday. Let us know how you get on. Do try stopping the prothiaden and mirtazapine on your own as you could end up feeling a lot worse.
  • Posted

Want to edit my post. Sorry. Do NOT try to come off your meds by yourself as you could end up feeling a lot worse.
  • Posted

Dont have anyone to talk to,my husband is just so worried he panics and makes it worse.I have been depressed before but have always kept in touch with who i was.i have no idea who i was now,sometimes i can do everything on automatic pilot but more and more I cant go out and talk to people like in shops,because the only way i have of working out if im being normal is by their reactions and thats getting too hard.the voices are weird,they must be me its just that i cant recognise myself,they say i dont need to eat any more and if i do it cant stay down,ive never had an eating disorder before,ive never felt like im not really here before.
  • Posted

Awww, bless sad Hopefully when you have this assessment they'll recognise that this auditory symptom / side effect is very disturbing indeed sad
  • Posted

on 6th December the psychiatrist clinic phoned 20mins before my appointment to cancel due to staff sickness.Today they waited until I arrived before they did it.Because we made a massive fuss they gave me an appointment tommorrow.Now feel on the verge of panic all the time,voices thought it was funny that they wouldnt see me,I know they arent real but they go on and on.finding it virtually impossible to eat,keep having to prepare myself to try to explain how bad its all got and then they cancel,so I have to start again,Im really scared I wont be able to explain so theyll think im fine.I keep thinking Im probably fine after all because I can be for kids,husband etc.
  • Posted

Oh dear sad I dread to think how long and what form this assessment is going to take, hopefully itll be longer than a five or ten minute rush job before lunch sad Do tell us what happens smile
  • Posted

psychiatrist appointment really useful,she spent an hour listening and also saw my husband to explain things to him.upped mirtazapine to 45mg and added risperidone and diazepam.This morning has visit from home care team who are also really good and seem to be there to keep me at home.They were meant to be coming tommorow with Dr to discuss medication but have phoned to say they want me to have medical review at the hospital instead,am panicking in case they have admission plans I do not want AT ALL .Surely you have to be barking mad before they make you stay dont you?!
  • Posted

Wow thats really good, now you cant get rid of the doctors and nurses :D I dunno what the medical review is about but I think they would have told you if they planned to admit you smile
  • Posted

Just wanted to say thanks for making the effort,have a good christmas

jo

• Posted

Dear Jo. I am glad that the psychiatrist and her team are now looking after you. The medical review will enable them to assess your needs and meds better. Ask them outright if one of the options is to admit you. There are people on this site who care and will try to help you. Let us know how you get on.
  • Posted

Yes best wishes Jo smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.