Update

Posted , 3 users are following.

Well I have finally found out the biopsy results from colonoscopy I have descending UXC and inflamed bowel disease so now we know what is happening, I only get 3 days without bowel motion but average 9 times a day to the loo having a major effect. On my business, at present I am on 4 grams pentasa 65 mg steroids 30 mg lansprazole and 40 mg citilipram and yes I rattle, the flare ups have been major lots of blood and mucus so should destroying anyway will keep you posted thanks for the support

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

John,

You have my every sympathy. Working and IBD simply doesnt work.

I have colitis I am 64 this year I hoped to carry on till 70 because I like my job. But I can't. It's a shame because my skills are in demand.

I can't comment on your meds but they soind about right. Watch those steriods though.

In hospital they gave me a high dose of steriods because I was suffering from dementia due to septic shock, I came out of a coma fighting fit and took a swing at a doctor.

I dont know how old you are, I feel the younger you are the worst it is. At least I can simply retire and collect a pension.

• Posted

Hi Bob thanks for the kind words, yes this disease can be soul destroying and taking all those drugs does help some but not happy in regards of the steroids. I am being monitored by my go while I await the appointment with a consultant to go over future plans.

anyway hope things work out for you

thanks John

• Posted

Hi johnc7524 if you are taking steroids please make sure you have calcium, steroids can do lot of damage to bonesĀ 
    • Posted

Hi Bustergut1 I am already on it taking lots of different vitamins and minerals to assist me

thanks John

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.