update

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone hope your all ok . So just a quick update on the last message I wrote . I've been to the dr as we all know at 36 im too young to have dimentia but he has said he can see it's upsetting me now and ordered some blood test which I had Done this morning He did say it could be somthing simple that wrong with my bloods that could be causing it if they do come back normal then he's going to look in at were he goes from there and what he can do to help me so here's hoping we find what's going on as it rather concerning me that my memory is become worse over time and my daily.life family/ work is being affected now . Wishing you all a great day and take it easy warm hugs to u all and thanks for all your messages of support x

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes tiggers; will be interested to know what your bloods tell us (if anything)....for if Fibro, then we will all try and give you some suggestions on how to cope with this effect that we have learned to live with/compensate.......Bron
  • Posted

I have memory problems when I do not get enough sleep.  Last year my doc put me on Topomax.  At first I was over the moon as I experience no pain, energy levels I haven't had in years and I felt so good..... fast forward a week later and the side effects started to kick in.  The memory loss was like no other.  I cried for no reason, overthought everything, couldn't sleep, restless leg syndrome that would not stop and so many more.  It ramped up my tinnitus about 100 levels.  After a month when the pain started coming back I had to get off of them.  My point being, sometimes meds make it worse.  I just got off of Lyrica for the 2nd time.  My doc is very understanding if I need to go off of meds.  We've tried so many as I am very senstive to any painkiller. It seems as though every time I come off of a drug the pain is so much worse. 

My chiro suggested taking D Ribose awhile back.  I am now taking it daily in powder form in my coffee.  I think it helps my muscles and does give me energy.  I may incorporate it more than once a day.  I did try a pill I had seen on TV for memory and it did work but don't know if I can mention the name here.

I wish you much luck in your quest for answers &  gentle hugs.  Meanwhile make lots of lists!  It's something I'm sure we all dosmile

• Posted

Hi thank you for your reply . I'm currantly on tramadol 50mg not been on them that long . The memory problem has been there for about a year now but recent months this has got considabley worse and has become a problem for me to communicate to family / work coleugues . Hopefully the blood test will show somthing that can be treated . Warm hugs to you x
    • Posted

Evening tiggers;  just wanted to ask a couple of questions......do you think the Tramadol has helped at ALL?   I know that you say you havn't been on them long, but even in this time, have they made a change to your pain levels?   some say they do, others not  (I trialed same in very beginning, but to no avail.....then swapped to Amitriptylline, and this helps my pain and sleep....25mgs made a big difference at night)......other thing to ask, have/do you take Magnesium?  this along with Vitamin D and B12 are very good for muscles, and brain functioning  (if you can find Bio-Magnesium, this has other others added to it), and then take the B12 at night too.....just some info that I thought you may find helpful.............as for the D Ribose suggested above, it says it is helpful, but should only be taken for a short period, as side effects can amount and cause opposite effect???........Bron
    • Posted

Hi browny97278 some days they are helpful but other days my pain can really bad as you can imagine I've been at my new job a year and I've had more time of in that time than I've been there due to my medical conditions . I don't just have fibro ive got degenative disc disease/ mineaears disease / asthma and suffer with migraines too . And recently been told I've got 110% hearing loss so all this put together is a really struggle for me day to day I work full time but not sure how much longer I can carry on with this I am on other m3 dictations as well so I don't doubt my memory prob could be a cause from any of this but the dr seems to think it could be somthing else going on . But I don't find the support from this site is really helpful and I thank you so much ill try what you've suggested and see if it works thank you x
  • Posted

Agree with bronwyn tigers, hooe all gies well with the tests..be blessed..have a nice day..:-) xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.