Update

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi All,

I thought i would update after the appauling experience with a GP on Monday. 

I got a phone call yesterday morning from the GP i'd seen last week (the listening and caring one). They had the results from further blood tests and hip xray. 

My bloods aren't quite right, issues with white & red cells, my hips are fine on the xray, but, they noted some issues with my spine at the lumbar area. My folates are still very low. 

He believes it looks like arthritis in my lower spine, and i'm seeing the Rheumatology Nurse at our clinic on 24th Feb, who will then sort out referal to Rhuematology at the local hospital. They've finally given me a lots of pain relief to help, until we get further answers. He is still concerned that arthritis is not the only issue going on so standing by his original thoughts of FM and will be investigating further. He wasn't overly impressed at the GP i'd seen on Monday (i dread to think what she'd put on my notes, but could tell he wasn't happy), and i will be under his care now for everything related to this. 

So it wasn't the best news, but strangely, i feel happier, and finally feel someone is on my side and that all my problems are most definitely not in my head, there is something wrong. 

Hope everyone is okay, thoughts with you all.

Ellie x

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi getting a doctor who listens and believes you is half the battle won. all doctors should be caring but sadly thats not the case anymore hope you now get the help you need
  • Posted

Well done Ellie, I'm so glad things are working out and that the doctor got in touch with you. Try and take it easy for a bit, all that stress is no good.

Hugs

• Posted

Aww Ellie, it makes all the difference having a GP who listens. Chronic illness is debilitating enough without having to struggle with ignorant health professionals who kick us when we're down.

Hopefully, your condition will now be properly managed and you will receive all the care the need.

Gentle hugs

Ery x

• Posted

Hi Ellie x:

Not the x in x files?  Only kidding.  I am glad you found a doctor who cares.  Far and few of them now a days.  I know I haven't written to you before but I also know I cant write to everybody.  Sometimes, it is hard to get ahold of their personal notes.  Although you are in the right for asking for your medical records, you don't get everything.  Some are private just to them and what they send to other doctors, you don't know.  Usually you get the summaries and lab reports and other tests as well.  This means sometimes we have to go to differnet doctors in order to get a good diagnosis.  Everybody talks about FM.  It seems to be the buzzword now.  It used to be that doctors wouldn't accept that term as they don't know much about. I am always it is a condition that have many symptoms.  It's like having multiple things wrong with your body and what can they actually do?  I had trigger point injections and always felt like a  pin cushion.  I did not like and if I stiffened up, the doctor would say not to do it as the needle can break.  Of course I did not want that.  The pain relief is hard to come by as doctors don't want to prescripe strong opiods or other narcotics so they lower the dose anyway.  I hope you get a good diagnosis and take care of the problem.  Be well.

mel

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.