Update

Posted , 14 users are following.

Well I will be 4 weeks on Monday and have noticed it s going to be a very long recovery. Im non weightbaring at the moment and decided to be daring and test putting a small amount if weight on operated side, body told me that was a very firm no. I also havent been able to walk for more than around 8 minutes (with crutches) so obviously dont get very far yet haha. Cannot see me being able to walk without aids by the time my 6 weeks ap comes along but im ok with that because I know just how complex  my op was.

My leg is still pointing out at an odd angle (photo below) and cannot bring my feet together if i stand with feet flat on floor. I also think there is some LLD

Went to college yesterday in my wheelchair as advised but just sat on a normal chair, well thats when my chronic back pain kicked in and by the end of the less i could barely sit as my hip and back were killing me, this worries me as this was exactly what i was like before surgery. Handed in evidence of my surgery to give to exam board to see if i am awarded special requirements for my exams in a few weeks, i have been told not to expect getting that help.

Scar is healing nicely, all 11 inches of it, I have now got 20 inches worth of surgical scaring down my left leg but I wear my surgical battle scars with pride and cant wait to get my new one out when I manage to get back in the pool.

I also hope this post helps those who believe they are 'not doing enough, or progressing' at any stage in there recovery, it will take time. There is no need to force ourselves to do stuff we cant, i know i wont be pushing myself to limits i cannot reach and will take my recovery with teeny tiny steps

4 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

good morning darling, 

battle scars huh? very impressive and nicely done ...

when is your exam??   so stupid to have you go through all this nonsense and bureaucracy - it should just be simple and normal - 

take care love - angel love and blessings

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

Exam dates are 26th of May and 9th of June.

Oh how i wish it was so simple and normal but that will never happen for me 😂 xx

• Posted

Best to you on the recovery & exam accomodations. And mahalo for inspiring us with your positive attitude. Love & aloha
  • Posted

Hi Sarah

I think you are doing amazingly.  Can't even begin to imagine how difficult it must be getting back to college and dealing with all the pain.

I also have LLD and am getting some insoles. hopefully because you are young it may rectify itself during the healing process.  I was told it often does this but at 5 months post op it hasnt happened for me.

Good luck with your exams.

• Posted

Thankyou. By the end of my first lesson I was in agony, it really took it out of me but iv got no choice but to get on with it haha.

I hope the LLD does go because i had 5cm length different in legs before surgery and it has left me with no cartlidge in either of my knees. Scary thought at my age.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.