Update

Posted , 7 users are following.

Well i ts now 10mth post tkr and still having problems.reffered for an mri,had that done.went bak to see my consultant on tuesday to be told i have bad nerve damage on the lower outside of the legdue to my op.told only think the could do was inject(im petrified of needles)or painkilling patches that last 12 hours.i opted for patches only had 1on but yes it works thankgod.x

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Janice, it's good that the patch works but a shame you need it in the first place.

Is it a pain patch, or a lignocaine one?

I have lignocaine patches.

• Posted

Pain patch.i kept saying it was sore but they kept saying it is still early and you will still have some pain.oh yeah but not that much that yku can hardly walk far or stand for long.x
  • Posted

I'm in my 15th month TKR and I can hardly walk.

I've had countless X-rays and I asked a bone scan which was reluctantly agreed to.

He seemed a bit vague about the scan results.

This was all done privately through NHS Direct.

Birmingham.

Now I managed through trial and error to see a consultant at my local Orthopedic- he wants to check for underlying infection on the prosthetic and if not half open up the wound again and do some kind of op x

Where was yours done??

• Posted

Oh I though maybe it was the same place as me.

Best of luck anyway.

As I've said countless times on here it's really knocked my general health around. It's aged me considerably!

The pain wakes me up so I'm sleep deprived and I'm all out of sorts

• Posted

SO sorry to hear this!!!!  Will it resolve in the long term or is this a permanent thing?  I do hope not!  I'm glad the pain patch works!

• Posted

From what the consultant said its permanent as hes put the patchez on repeat prescription for long term.x
  • Posted

Hi Janice

I have not had that problem, sorry your going through this . I'm sure you will get some advice from others on here it's so helpful!

Take care sending you prayers

Debbie

• Posted

Sorry that you are going through all this. What type of injections did the doctor suggested. I do use flector patches once in a while, but not to often. Take care j 21370

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.