Update

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi how is everyone?? Hope everyone is on the road to recovery even if it is slow! Im still not 100% struggling with sore throat and neck on and off different parts of my mouth/throat that keep feeling sore sad strange really? Hoping not much longer of this! 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Poppy,

I hope you are coping okay, it's such a difficult time those weeks and months of mono, every day has its different challenges and some days I remember it taking me to near breaking point. Just remember there is another side to this hill, it's virtually impossible to see when going through it but things do get better with time.

Really hoping your throat and mouth settles down, have you tried oregano? That helped me for dental pain in the past. A tea spoon of baking soda in water before your breakfast can also be really good for viruses and killing those things going on in throat and mouth I think.

Craig

• Posted

What form of oregano did you buy? Thanks for the support craig it means alot smile still cnt believe my mouth/throat isnt right sad just have to ride it out like everyone hope your ok with your different problems?  
  • Posted

Hi, I think I'm slowly turning the corner in terms of my major symptoms after about 5 months. Still suffering with poor cognition, bad mood, fatigue and muscle soreness though. In the last couple of days I've been forcing myself to do things and get out of the house in preparation for my holiday in Thailand next week. Hopefully things will be much improved when I get back in May, although I'm a bit worried about catching something else as I'm sure my immune system is shot at this point. I'll give an update when I'm back.

Hope your throat gets better soon, maybe try gargling with warm salt water, or water mixed with aspirin - it helped a bit for me. 

• Posted

Hi will thanks for your reply sorry to hear you still have quite a few symptoms im nearly at month 4 and feel alot better than i did in feb but still not 100 %  this virus is nasty and really taking some shaking hopefully we are all passed the worst part! Hope you enjoy your holiday try  stay positive wink 
    • Posted

Hey Poppy,

Was oregano oil tablets that I took, just from the local health vitamin store. Probably get them online too I'm sure.

Hang in there guys, really hoping things settle down Will and Poppy, I know it's been such a tough time words can't explain when going through this - just thinking of you and praying for full recovery for everyone.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.