Update

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was taking Ceftin for a UTI.  Last dose was 2 days ago.  Today I started with aches and feeling nauseous and a headache.  I had sepsis from a UTI a year ago.  I am thinking about going to the ER.  I am waiting for vaginal culture reports but the will not be ready until early next week.  Any suggestions?  Thank you.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I have been on many antibiotics in the last few months and a few of them made me feel like I had the flu. However, with your history, maybe you should go. A blood test will rule out sepsis I believe and at least you will know for sure. 
    • Posted

Thanks Julie.  If I still have the symptoms, I will go to the ER in the morning.
    • Posted

Hi Julie,

Thanks for your concern.  I am not feeling any better.  My friend is going to take me to the hospital this morning.

• Posted

I feel so bad for you. If there is any possibility that you may have sepsis you need to seek medical advice now.

Sepsis is nothing to mess around with. Please go to the ER and at least, let them rule that out.

Please keep us all posted. We all care.

• Posted

If I were you I would go to A&E as it is better safe than sorry. I hope you feel better soon, take care.

• Posted

I did go to the ER at my local hospital today.  My blood work was good.  I still have high white blood cells in urine.  The doctor prescribed a 10 day course of Keflex, an antibiotic.  Also, gave me a prescription for anti-nausea medication.  Hopefully, these meds will help.

Sincere thanks to the members who wrote back to me.

Good health to all!

• Posted

Good. I'm relieved that you did go to the doctor. I have taken Keflex before for a UTI. It is for a bacterial infection. Be sure to drink lots of water and take all the medicine as prescribed even if you feel better.

Wishing you all the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.