Update

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone, how's it going?

So as everyone knows had the botox and skin tag removal in October and still not healed.

Was meant to have second botox in Feb but surgeon cancelled it as he saw a bit of progress.

Is it as bad as before op? No

Is it as bad as after op? No

Do i have some good days? Yes

But

Can I get up as normal and have pain free bm? No

Can I exercise? No

Can I do my normal life? No

Can I work as normal? No

It obviously hasn't healed and I am still doing everything... Weird headache cream, salt bath, laxatives, other cream that is kept in fridge, fissure oil... All of it even witch Hazel wipes . The weird thing is is that where the skin tag was removed, that's the most painful bit (he said it was right by the fissure) it's like there's a tiny bit left and it gets inflamed and aggravated.

To be honest I am thinking it won't even heal and this is for life. I get a couple of really good days in a row (the most is 4)and then it's back to the really bad pain for 2-3hours of the morning.

Nothing triggers this - no I haven't had a difficult bm or got drunk or not had my fibre. I just have no idea, seems like I am healing then BAM

Obviously I am 'lucky' in that I can get out and about the rest of day, but just not like i used too.

As it's slightly better than before Christmas, does anyone think it is slightly healing?

I guess I'm looking to see if anyone had healed could tell me if they thihk I am recovering? I think I am losing hope.

I am so done with it. If this is my life for the rest of it... Well I don't know.

I've also got a really bad back and coccyx from not being able to sit properly. That's really bad too but obviously the fissure way is just way more soul destroying.

Hope to hear from someone soon xxxx and hope youre all safe

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Poppy

Sorry to here you're still suffering. it's really tough isn't it?

I had 2nd botox on 18th March, but unfortunately 19 days post op I am still completely screwed (pardon the language but it's how I feel). I can only sit for up to 1.5h then need to lie down to get weight off my butt. Walking is more like an octogenarian and I can only do 5-10 minutes. I'm currently kicking myself since before this second round of treatment I could at least function, albeit with some days is discomfort. Right now I am wondering when on earth I'll be fit for work!

My CRS told me that although the procedure went well, the skin around the fissure was extremely fragile and actually broke just by examining it. So I guess that's what is causing the pain. He wrote in his letter that if it doesn't heal then he'd need to consider some sort of repair, presumably advancement flap or such like. I can't say I'm feeling any enthusiasm for having anyone poke around any more, so think I probably should give it a few more weeks to heal on it's own.

All rather tricky...

I really do wish you the best of luck in your healing, and keeping yourself sane in the meantime.

Martin x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.