Update.. 8 weeks post of anteriolater RTH

Posted , 10 users are following.

Success!. Im released back to work..no restrictions..

my walking is better.. slight tighness at the incision site.. still cant go up stairs and bear wt totally.. but can fly down them with both legs

Im assured in time my muscles with strengthen..

also clicking noise or sensation I feel..was told its either the iliofemoral tendon snapping over the implant.. which will also disapate over time..

or the inner shell portion of the socket.. rubbing.. but still no concern.

can go to the gym. no running..or hard impact..

but walking .. biking eliptical and weights.. with low weight more repitition.

IM happy.. i do know I still have to watch on my job.. I work in healthcare.. but this is good news..

Said I was ahead of most people who have this type... 

Ive prayed and prayed.. stayed the course.. listen to what I was told.. to the T.. and it all worked out..

Good luck and Good health to you all.. God Bless.

3 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Oh that's great news Melissa.! Remember to pace yourself at work and keep up with the exercises . Listen to your body . Well done 😊

• Posted

Congrats Melissa!! You're so right - listen to your doc & your PT & do what they say. I'm 6 weeks behind you. Been walking without any aids or meds since day 3 & itching to get back to "normal". Patience isn't my strong suit, so the next few weeks will be frustrating, for sure. Good for you.

• Posted

That's  awesome Melissa ????

pays to listen to the experts

all the best to you with your new bionic body part 😊

• Posted

Fantastic news! Take it steadily, you will probably have a few achy days. Wishing you all the best.
  • Posted

Fantastic news! Take it steadily, you will probably have a few achy days. Wishing you all the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.