Update/advice needed

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys,

So im 10 months in and last two months i have gotten a bit better. Still struggling with fatigue and brain fog thoughsad its doing my head in. However not as bad as i thought, i got a B in my end of year spanish exam and considering ive done no work whatsoever for a year im quite shocked and proud. At the moment the thing bothering me the most is anxiety and generally feeling down. I have an amazing boyfriend who has stuck with me through all of this, (we'd only been together for two months before i got ill) but mono has seriously put a strain on us. Its so hard to not pressure him, hes constantly worried about me, about keeping me happy and making sure that im not doing stuff thatll make me ill. I just dont know what to do, if i rely on him less i feel so lonely and depressed, i dont have any close friends who understand what ive gone through ive just got him and my parents. Can anyone give me advice? Its got to the point where we have just been pushed so far and neither of us are happysad id hate to lose him especially after all this, itd be nice to have some fun once im finally better.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maisie,

WELL DONE on your Spanish exam B, that is a great results in any circumstances, and OUTSTANDING considering you've done this through mono - you should be very pleased with yourself indeed!!!

I totally understand what you are saying about your relationship, it's not easy I know. I guess there is no perfect science to these things. Just really hoping that things get better for you so that you can both have the opportunity to be together whilst in full health - that would be amazing - and remember you are going to get there and it is good to have someone to talk to, I really hope that your boyfriend is supportive and loyal. Hang in there and thinking about you.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Maisie

Congratulations on your Spanish result, that is such a great achievement, especially while battling the mono brain fog! Regarding your boyfriend, my advice would be if he's supportive and makes you feel good then don't give up on the relationship just yet. Mono is such a huge battle that it would put a strain on any relationship let alone a brand new one. He sounds like a keeper to me if he's sticking by you and encouraging you to do things that make you feel better like rest. Hopefully your relationship can be given a chance under normal circumstances because mono is a massive challenge for both the people going through it as well as your partner family and friends. I hope you start having some good days again soon. I am also at ten months and have had a bit of fatigue and dizziness creep in the past few days. 

• Posted

Sounds like great advice from KS! If he is the right person for you then he will stand by you and understand, after all if it was the other way about I'm sure you would stand by him and do everything you could to help him. It's not easy I know but remember don't look too far ahead in anything, just take everything each day at a time.

KS really hoping this dizziness and extra fatigue settles down, you've been through such a tough time but praying that God settles everything and brings peace and new strength to you - I do strongly feel that you're reaching the end of this journey and close to a real breakthrough - hang in there for now though and thanks as always for your kind thoughts and words for me too, means a lot at this time as struggling myself too right now.

Craig

• Posted

Thanks Craig, I am definitely getting better every day and can see that the low energy days are getting less and less.

I really hope that you start finding some answers and relief for your back. It's so frustrating when you feel like you're not getting anywhere and can't see any noticeable improvements. I pray that you make a breakthrough soon and that you don't lose hope that you will recover. You fought and won against glandular fever and I'm sure you can also fight against this and regain full health. God is watching over you and has a plan for you. 

• Posted

So pleased to hear things are slowly getting there for you KS, seeing progress is such a motivation. Thank you so much for your kind words for my situation too, I think it's not being seeing the progress which has made me feel so down and discouraged lately, I really appreciate your amazingly kind and wonderful words and believe then KS, I'm very grateful for that and thanks so much for all your prayers. Sometimes we just need to remember not to give up when the tide is high and things seem to be a battle. I can only overcome anything with God's help, it was Him that beat glandular fever for me and praying that even though I've not handled my situation well he will be merciful and defeat this situation for me too.

Believing He is going to make you fully better KS, hoping for a good weekend and for hope and new strength and peace - thanks so much for such a lovely message! Thinking about you and definitely still believing you will get 100% better!

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.