Update after 17 months

Posted , 7 users are following.

It’s been 17 months since my accident and I’m still not healed completely. My doctor wants to do another surgery. I’m starting to lose faith in this leg ever healing. 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Wow Nick.....I can certainly understand your frustration.   17 months is a long time.    What Happened?
    • Posted

I was hit by a truck walking. My best friend was killed and I had both of my legs broken. The right was the point of impact broken femur, pelvis and hip. I have a rod and 3 screws there. On the left I had a broken tibia and fibula with a compound spiral fracture. That is the trouble leg I’ve had 2 surgeries about to be the 3rd and it’s still broken. I have a rod and 6 screws. 
  • Posted

My ankle issues are still ongoing after 14yrs, just waiting for my 8th op which hopefully will be pretty soon! 

What injury and surgery did you have? 

Claire. Xx

• Posted

What was your injury? Hopefully you will find some relief soon! Keep your chin up.
    • Posted

I was hit by a car walking. I had a broken femur, pelvis and hip on the right. On the left is where all the problems are I had a broken tibia and fibula compound spiral fracture.
  • Posted

Bro, I'm 20 months from triple subtular fusion of ankle and surgery cancelled today to re-break my fibula as that has fused back together which they broke to straighten ankle but fusion site hasn't fused and apparently that's cause of smoking...

Hold on, fibula fused, so smoke my pole.. as obviously my bones WILL fuse and what there original plan was has failed..

But try telling them that, as it's his first that hasn't fused and he just can't admit that it's a f**k up.. keeps trying to do stupid s**t hoping to save face

Don't realize they've ruined my life and I don't take s**t

Coming to a HEAD SOON

• Posted

AW bless you Nicke, I know how you feel. I had my accident Feb 1st 2017, still in pain, still swollen and still hoping things will get better. I want the plates and screws removed NOW. Keep the faith , you will get better, it is a hard and painful journey, but you will get better.
  • Posted

Nicke,

Wow, you suffered major injuries in your accident. My sympathies go out to you.

Your accident misfortune reminds me of an excellent motivational book, "Miracle Mindset' by JJ Virgin. JJ's son was run over by a car and suffered grievous skeletal and tissue injuries. His doctors held little hope for his recovery, but this mother was determined to get her son well again. That is what the book is about-- overcoming the odds and winning.

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.