Update...anyone else experienced this?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Sooo... a week ago I posted how much better I was. And I was! 

However, typically from Sunday I’ve been on a downward spiral and feel rubbish again.. no obvious trigger.

I’m 9 weeks in, 50mg on Sert and getting a bit fed up as everyone seemed to have that amazing 8th week and get continuously better from there on in.

However, here I am again looking for reassurance... should I up my dosage? (gp seems pretty clueless) 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, 

I'm in the same boat. I've been just over 5 weeks on 100mg. I was switched from Mirtazapine to Sert overnight. I've had so many up and downs, last week I thought I had really turned a corner but this week I'm just in despair and seem to have hit the low again. Seem to have all the symptoms again. My heart is racing and I take propanolol for this. Sleep is crap again, who ch I've been taking phenergan for, anxiety is back, restless, panic, headache, can't be bothered. I'm so sick off this now. I just don't see an end to this. It's been the worst 3 months of my life and just want to catch a break. I was out and about last week nearly everyday. I just want out of this hell, it's getting to the point where I'm ready to just sack it all off. Just unsure what to do anymore. Doc won't up yet don't even know if I could face it TBH!!!!! Had to force myself back to work yesterday as o committed to it last week when I was feeling better after 10 weeks off. I'm just st sick of it all now.

• Posted

Such a horrible thing. But you will start to have lots more good days than bad. Think we will always get off days but not as much. And you learn to deal with it more. It's hard holding down a job with this. Gd luck. And I'm sure you will see changes over next few weeks.

• Posted

I hope so. I thought last week was a turning point as things seemed to ease up, but now just feel like I'm back to square one. All I want is just to feel steady for a while and not have to worry about things. I've tried so hard especially the last few weeks but my confidence is just knocked back again and again. Those everyday things you do seem like mountains again, and I thought those mountains were getting smaller last week. 

• Posted

Hi, just want to give you some reassurance that you will soon wake up and just feel normal. The good days will outweigh the bad. It’s very normal to have blips along the way. Sert took about 10-12 weeks for me and when it did I was back to my old self. Sert takes a while to kick in, well it di for me, and I have now been on it for 3 years. I used to take rescue remedy on my days which helped x

• Posted

Yes, I'm over 9 weeks in, having started on 50mg and now up to 125mg. Have felt awful since Sunday. Have occasional times of "ah, I feel ok" then straight back to "feel dizzy, sick, anxious...arghhh". 

• Posted

Hi Ella 

Just got to week 11 yesterday on 50mg and after a bad week 9 I was just about to increase to75mg . Soon as week 10 hit I felt normal all of last week .... last night and today I’ve slipped a little but hoping it’s just a blip and as the weeks go by the bad days become less !  

I’m going to wait till 12 weeks then up if I’m not 100%

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.