Update - Chest Xray

Posted , 4 users are following.

So, I went and got my xray results, photo attached. Both of sinister at all. Now the doctor has referred me to go for an ultrasound of my lymph nodes in a weeks time.

I asked if it's possible that this is Glandular Fever/Mono but we tested too late for the igM to show up positive. I also asked about the igG being low numbers. She said it is definitely possible it is EBV, and that we tested just after the igM disappeared, but before the igG had risen to a large number. She said she could test the levels again but doesn't want to do that as I have had blood tests every other week recently, and now she wants to discuss my story with the head doctor there.

So for now I feel a little better thinking maybe I have a diagnosis but still not sure. I guess I will have to wait and see next week what happens.

I thank everyone for their helpful comments and support easing my worries.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

whoops! forgot the photo. image

• Posted

Hi Sam,

Definitely hoping that the x-ray results and what the doctor said can put your mind at rest a bit - most definitely this sounds like EBV is the cause. It's CLASSIC mono for blood tests / other tests to show up normal, when you're still feeing so unwell - but it doesn't last forever and there is recovery and light at the end of the tunnel - it's so hard to be patient but sometimes it is just a time factor Sam and even if it takes a little longer, remember your body will get there and you will feel strong again - I remember thinking I couldn't imagine my body feeling strong and resilient and able to cope with normal levels of activity again after this virus, but it's amazing how it recovers with time Sam - and sometimes it can be quite suddenly after a period of things seeming to stay at the same struggling level for a while that a big step forward can be taken forward all at once - this virus is often zig-zag in its recovery, so hang in there!

Hoping too that you can get the ultrasound soon and that it can further put your mind at rest - you're doing the right thing Sam to get these tests, I had an ultrasound on my neck lymph node too when going through mono and the results showed it was just a normal reactive gland to the mono I was going through - hoping it can be the same for you.

Craig

• Posted

Thank you Craig. Hope everything is going well for you too with your headache, I'm hoping that has eased up a bit now. I am really hoping it is EBV. All the symptoms match, hopefully she will do another blood test and that the level has risen so I can finally relax. will keep everyone updated. have to go in a week to get the ultrasound. x

• Posted

Thanks Sam, still been having a bit of an up and down time myself, just praying for God's mercy and help, feel like I have messed so many things up.

I hope so much that you are able to get some peace of mind Sam, that the ultrasound and another blood test can be done and for the results to really put your mind at rest with everything.

Hang in there, still thinking about you and rooting for you.

Craig

• Posted

hey sam. thats great news. keep updating.

How are you feeling today?

• Posted

Thank you. I feel better. I am still pretty tired but have been managing to do more lately (washing, cleaning the house, shopping), lymph nodes are still up. I am still scared but trying to think positive and put it down to being Glandular Fever. Hopefully she will test me again in a few weeks and see the numbers have risen and put this all to bed and focus on getting back to normal xx booked my ultrasound for Monday morning, will go back to the doctor on Tuesday for the results and will update everyone when I know more.

• Posted

Hi Sam.

Really good news about your X ray results. Hope you feel a bit more settled after what your doctor said.

Hope your ultrasound goes well xx

• Posted

Thank you Gill. definitely feel a bit more relieved but still stressed out 😦 will update once I've had the ultrasound x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.