Update Day 5 CT from Codeine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Update: Well I'm on Day 5 of CT withdrawal from 30mg Codeine tablets that ive been taking for 7 years and I feel great. The flu symptoms have gone, the RLS has stopped ive managed to stop the upset stomach with Imodium and my energy levels are going up and up! I had a better nights sleep last night and woke up this morning without any fog, not in a daze and straight away had loads more get up and go.

I'm posting this just to encourage others to keep going and the withdrawals do end. The best decision i made is to do this CT (I know that doesn't work for everyone but for me it did) and flush those evil tablets down the toilet there is no going back now - the fear of ever going through the hellish 4 days again is enough to make sure i never relapse.

Keep going you can do it 😃

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Excellent Dawn - Nice to hear its going well.

You are aware Imodium is an opioid aren't you? It has no effect on the brain or on pain, but you will get diarrhoea again when you withdraw off it.

• Posted

Thanks Ben

Yes it's one of the prescribed medicines I have for medical conditions so i always have had to take it

• Posted

Dawn

Really well done for getting through your CT detox just shows to all of us going through the same it is doable no matter how bad you feel you just have to keep going.

Really pleased you made it through to the other side.

Good luck with everything going forward!!!!!

Andy

• Posted

Andy thank you! I hope my experience encourages someone on this forum that is struggling!

I even managed to go out of the house yesterday after being housebound since Sunday and off out again today.

My main advice to anyone is when its bad early on try to keep your nutrition levels up - I had fruit smoothies and vitamins daily and I really think it helped. I'm still eating very plain food but I did manage chicken and veg last night.

All the best for the future 😃

• Posted

Congratulations to you you’ve done great! I quit 36 hours ago (and counting lol) I was wondering what withdrawal symptoms you had? So far I’ve had the chills and fever and I’m so so tired it’s unreal and a constant dulll headache. I’m wondering what’s next to come? Did you take any vitamins to help? Any help would be greatly appreciated x
    • Posted

Firstly well done you!! To be honest days 3 & 4 were the worst for me. I had full on flu symptoms and shakes I couldn't get out of bed and a very upset stomach along with very painful legs. After 4 days I felt loads better and I'm now on Day 12 and my energy is getting better each day.

I took multivitamins, drank smoothies and got magnesium flakes for the bath to help my achy legs. It's hard im not going to lie but it does honestly get better and I almost am back to normal now.

Don't suffer in silence and keep at it you won't regret it.

• Posted

Hi

I’m not sure if this will help you at all as I’m big detoxing codine I am detoxing fentanyl.

I am tapering down from 125mg every 48hrs and I am now six months into it and down to 25mg with my next drop to 12mg on 22november.

The my are both opioids granted different strengths but I have had a massive array of withdrawal side effects which the worst of them happening after my last dose drop.

Everyone has a point when your body breaks and the withdrawal effects seem to multiply very quickly.

Some of the effects I have had are migrane, hit and cold sweats, RLS, nausea, very bad stomach pains, crippling fatigue, dizzy spells, blurred vision, huge increase

• Posted

Sorry my message hit send before I finished it 

Massive increase in pain levels, brain fog, memory problems, shakes, sweats, problems with my temper, feeling angry all the time, poss of appetite,tachycardia, breathing difficulties and quite a few more.

Please understand I am not trying to scare you at all just wanted to put what I have and amxstill going through so that you can be prepared in case they happen to you also. As I said I am detoxing a different opioid and I’m not sure if you willxsxperiancene some/all it none of the effects I have but better to be prepared when facing something like this. I really hope you don’t have to experience them as they are not very pleasant believe me but you can get through it.

You have already done the hard part and that is to start the detox already many people don’t have the strength or will power go out themselves through it and I read somewhere that if you can get through opioid detox you can do anything in life. It’s one of the hardest things I have ever done but we all have reasons why we are doing it and as long as you keep sight of those reasons you will make it through. Mine is my family my partner, young son and my baby due in march 2018 I’m doing it fod then to be a better dad and partner than I was before.

I found a forum in the USA that had some advise about opioid detox and I have started using what it recommended. Since I started taking it I have felt so much better.

They recommended taking benedryl 3x a day and it helps to curb the withdrawal and it’s reeally works. It replaces some of the chemicals in the body tht the withdrawal takes away and believe me I have felt so much better fir doing it it’s been a lifesaver. It doesn’t help with pain of anything just the effects of the withdrawal and it’s doesn’t take them away completely but it curbs the amount that you feel. I am not a medical professional or anything I just diciddd to try what 6 people who used it recommended and it’s has worked for me. 

My gp also have me meloxicam and gabapentin to help me also and I’ve started using them now too. They all seem to be helping but everyone is different and may not work for others I may have just been lucky.

The forums have been a great comfort to me also as the people in here understand what it is that’s uou are gong through where as people who haven’t been through it don’t. There are so many helpful people who take the time to reply withxadvuse and stuff it really does help to know your not alone.

I hope some of wht I have said might help you in some way no matter how small

I wish you all the best and good luck while you are going through this and remember keep sight of why you are doing it and you will make it through to the other side.

Good luck for the future

Kind regards

Andy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.