Update - for those without a firm diagnosis.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone.

Firstly I wanted to thank everyone for their support over the last couple of months.

After getting an EBV test and testing negative to igm but positive to igg I figured there was something more serious wrong.

I was the sickest I have ever been in my life for 9 weeks up to being tested. I had to beg to be tested. After being tested, the doctor sent me for xrays and ultrasounds thinking it was lymphoma. ALL came back clear.

I asked her to please test ebv again and she did. My igg has doubled in 2 weeks which shows this is what I have been fighting after all.

if anyone is stuck with no diagnosis I'd ask for repeat testing to check titers.

I am beyond relieved!!!!!!

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sam,

I am so pleased to hear that you have got a breakthrough with these test results which shows that it has been mono you have been fighting all along - not that I am pleased in any way that you have this dreadful virus of course - just that you finally have an explanation and firm diagnosis.

I hope so much that this can help put your mind at rest and take some of the terrible worry and anxiety you have been going through away. I know it still doesn't make it any easier to cope with all of the horrible symptoms of this thing, but believe me Sam mono does and will get better. What you've been going through recently is the worst and intense phase of the virus, there is life after that and recovery after that, truly there is!

Of course continue to let us know how you are doing over the coming period, and I definitely plan God willing to be around the forums to continue to support until you are feeling much better - which you will be thanks to Jesus I believe. Hang in there Sam, thinking of you.

Craig

• Posted

Thank you Craig. you're the best. hope you're feeling better too!! xx

• Posted

glad you got the firm diagnosis sam - it definitely helps put your mind to rest. hope you have a speedy recovery now x

• Posted

Hi, In Oct. 2000 I was told I might have Mono and prescribed a couple of rounds of different antibiotics. They didn't work, ruined my last year of university. I did not recover until May 2001. Here's the thing, my Mono test was negative. Since then I have had a recurring wide range of illnesses with no diagnosis. Now my doctor thinks I am crazy. As a last resort I have done some research. Mono usually lasts 2-4 weeks. Lupus can mimic mono. When I get these attacks I get ulcerated sores on the roof of my mouth. Almost like burns but they do not blister. I think I was misdiagnosed with Mono in my thirties. I have not had it confirmed yet because Lupus is hard to diagnose. I looked at images of the Lupus mouth ulcers online and they are a perfect match for the ones from my last attack. And yes men also get Lupus. I hope this helps someone get answers. Sincerely: John

• Posted

I asked about lupus and I don't have it. hope you can find some answers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.