Update from last posts

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all ive had my mrcp results back, i have no gallstones stuck in the bile ducts or anything else there but i have lots of gallstones in the gallbladder. Can this still make you be in pain everyday by having lots of stones in the gallbladder and not the ducts because i am in so much pain still everyday with it and its even radiating to lower stomach now to. I also had urine test back as i had white blood cells in it and that came back normal, but because i went back to the doctors about the new lower pain they want me to do another urine sample so they can test it again? Has anyone else had right side lower pain with gallstones? and has anyone had white blood cells in urine with gallstones? Also i have got to phone tomorrow for blood test results . I have also got a date for surgery 2nd of march but they are trying to get me in quicker so i could get a call anytime from now smile so hopefully wont have to wait to long now. Im still so worried about it though i just hope i feel better after the surgery because feeling so ill for so long now has really got me down. Any advice about my questions would be great thankyou from carmella x

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi Carmella

That's good news that they are not in the bile duct & one the gallbladder is removed you should once full recovered feel much better, be careful with your diet afterwards just to hell yourself that bit more until you are fully well.

Pleased you have answers now.

• Posted

hi carol thankyou and yes it is good news that there is no stones in bile duct. I hope i feel better after the surgery i just get abit scared because so many people have said they have had problems after scared me abit but i have seen some good story to. Hopefully will find out blood test results soon aswell and i will be careful after surgery and stick to a low fat diet still smile from carmella x

• Posted

Yes, you still can have pain with stones only in the gallbladder - it happens when the gallbladder contracts down after eating onto the stones which should not be there, so the gb becomes scarred and cannot work as well. Also the stones, if many, can fill the space where the bile should be stored, so there is not an adequate supply of stored bile and this affects digestion, esp of fats.

​I have had white cells in urine tests, in my case after gb surgery, not sure if it related to the surgery or coincidence, but I had an infection at one time when gb flared up. As they are not related organs, most likely it is the general inflammation  creating a susceptibility to other ailments - we can get run down and maybe not eating or sleeping well, taking painkillers etc - all can be tough on the liver and kidneys.

​I do feel generally better since the surgery though - I just have some other health conditions that I am addressing - which I had before anyway.

​Best wishes for your results and the operation, it helped me to take one day at a time in the lead up to mine, then hour by hour on the day, or my mind would go racing ahead and imagining all sorts, which really achieves nothing but stress for us. Take care.

• Posted

Thankyou so much for your reply it really helped me i was worried about that alot i have got alot of gallstones they said so like you said i really would hurt. i keep getting this lower right stomach pain aswell any ideas what that might be and if its pain from the gallbladder maybe? i also have took another urine test to the doctors today and should be getting my blood test results back soon aswell. Im so happy your feeling better after your surgery i hope i feel the same after mine its been the worst time ever with these pains and symptoms. thanks again from carmella x
    • Posted

Pain from the gb can refer to other areas I was told, but it is always good hving new symptoms checked out. I also have hiatal hernia, diverticula and had h pylori and bacterial overgrowth so it was difficult to tell what was causing all my aches and pains at times.

?At leas things are moving on now, Carmella, and your op likely to be soon. Remember to take it really easy afterwards and keep to a light diet at first as your digestion takes time to adjust to the new arrangements. I managed with only paracetamol, but I did feel very sore under the ribs days 3-6 and these were the worst days for me in recovery. I did have a bad cough after surgery which added to the sore rib feeling. Best wishes and let us know here how things go. x

• Posted

I don't have a clue why my previous reply has gone to the moderator!! Unless I made a typo or something. But hopfully it will be restored.

• Posted

I hope it is from the gb and nothing else going on i keep scaring myself that its appendix. I have told the doctors about it but they dont seem to know one said it could be the gb and the other said it could be a infection and thats why they want to have another urine sample so ill guess ill have to wait and see what the results say to see if its an infection and if its not ill have to go back to doctors again.I cant wait for my surgery now atleast that pain will be gone so if there is anything else going on they can ,look into it after hopefully there is nothing else and it is all down to the gb x
  • Posted

Hi Carmella, thats good news that you haven't got gallstones anywhere else. At least that's one worry off of your mind now and it won't be long until your surgery, which it the day after mine, so I hope everything goes well for you and you feel better afterwards. I know the feeling of being down I haven't been great lately so I know how you feel, 10 months of gradually getting worse and in constant pain. 

Sorry but I don't know about the white cells in the blood, perhaps you have an infection which  is why white cells could be high.Let us know the results of your blood tests.

Take care Carmella

• Posted

Hi katherine im so happy there is no stones in the bile duct, got alot in the gallbladder though and like you said still in constant pain. I just hope we feel better after our surgery. I also now keep getting this pain thats lower right side of stomach? it just seems to feel like its never ending at the moment. Let me know about your surgery when you have it and ill keep you updated on mine thanks for the reply from carmella x
    • Posted

Lets hope your lower right sided pain is referred pain, like you get in your shoulder but let me know tomorrow when you get the results. 

Fingers crossed for you.

• Posted

I really hope so i also got my blood test results now and they are ok not great but not worse and i dont have to go back so thats one good thing. Ive just got to wait until urine test results come back now. ill keep you updated smile from carmella x

• Posted

Oh thats good. Are you feeling a more relaxed now? 

Let me know when your urine results come in. Not long now and we'll both have our operation.

Take care

• Posted

Will do katherine and i cant wait to feel better again. i am still abit scared about things as they seem to not know what the lower stomach pain is i keep scaring myself thinking its appendix but i would of thought the doctors would of know if it was that and i would have other symptoms.x
    • Posted

Hi Carmella, the only thing I was thinking about your lower pain is I wonder if you're constipated, I get it sometimes especially with the painkillers they really bung you up, its only a thought. Generally with the appendix the pain is excrutiating and you would definately have a temperature and your white cells would be extremely high but if it gets really bad then you must go to A&E to be on the safe side. Hopefully its all to do with everything in your gallbladder.

I know the feeling, we all tend to scare ourselves a bit when we don't understand the full extent of whats going on plus it means we're not in control and have to leave it to others which isn't easy. 

Best wishes

• Posted

so true i have had this pain for a while now i would of thought if it was appendix some other things would of happened by now but like you said if it gets any worse then ill have to go to A&E again sad i hate going up there ive been there so much due to the gallstones sad ill keep you updated take care from carmella x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.