Update from Rhi!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey, just an update. I went to the doctors today with new symptoms. My leg's gotten a lot worse over the past couple of weeks and I've been getting numbness etc. So as well as taking Naproxen and Co-Codomol, I now take amitryptalene (no i dea how to spell that!!) And if they don't work I have to go back to the hospital, where they'll tell me I can have the injections, which aren't an option. It's a horrible mess to be in at 17!!!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rhi

Can't believe they are not doing anything more. Which hospital are you under, sorry those e mails still will not send am trying all the time, mind you after I had physio yesterday I was worse, keep going to your Doc and naging maybe A&E if it get to unbearable, speak to you soon

Jude

• Posted

hi rhi not sure wat happened with the quote thingy? but if i were you id ask for a referral to get a mri done and see an ortho doc you really shouldnt be suffering like this, especially at your age when something can be done about it have the gp suggested a referal? the numbness could be something serious ask for a second opinion its your health, hope this is of some use (not meant to be a medical opinion) gail
  • Posted

Thanks both. I've already had an MRI and been to Gybowen. The consultant there told me she wouldnt operate coz I'm too young, and I can have the injections, but I'm not doing that. So she said I could go on tablets but they don't work... I'm going back in January, but I doubt she'll say anything apart from 'have the injections, we'll hold you down'... :cry: And if I went to A+E, I think they'd give me the tablets I've tried or an injection... sad

Thanks though!

Rhi

• Posted

hi rhi wat a dilema! but if your in that much pain and with the numbness maybe you should be brave and tell your gp you need to see the consultant again and wish to be refered for the surgery explain to the consultant about the numbness(or go to a&e) that does count as an emergency maybe he/she will do the surgery you,ve suffered enough!! persevere some-one will have to do something. gail
  • Posted

Hi Rhi

Dont give upon , there is no way that a 17 year old should be going through what you are going through. go to A&E and demand, especially with the numbness, have you tried the Gabapentin, mine has eased a lot since I have been taking them, they are not painkillers they just stop the awful spasms in the legs etc, take care speak to you soon

Jude

• Posted

Hi Rhi

Haven't heard from you for a while, was wondering how you are doing, I have now been refered for the injections will give them a try and see if they make a difference. Have you seen anyone else since you last posted on here.

Jude

• Posted

Hey Judith,

Yea, I'm alright... Starting work again tomorrow, but not because I'm better, just because I need the money! I have birthdays and Christmas to pay for!! :lol: No, I haven't seen anyone else sinse the last time... I went to the doctor, and he put me on amitryptalene (sorry for the spelling!!) and they're making me really hungry all the time, so as well as being in constant pain and limping, I'll also be rather heavier!! sad

Having the injections, eh? Good luck with them, and let me know how you get on! When are you having them? Is it a matter of days or weeks? Hope it goes well for you, you've been suffering too long for it not to! :wink:

Speak soon (and a happy christmas to you! I'm a child at heart and get excited mid-September!!)

Love Rhi

• Posted

Hi hope you don't mind me joining in iv'e had 2 ops on my back for prolapsed disc the first consultant went to the wrong level and operated on my L3/4 disc instead of L4/5 :cry: needless to say i did'nt get any better for another year had my last op Jan 2007 thought they had a last cracked it silly me now they say the scarring from the op's i have is also causing problems still have all the same pain because the scarring is trapping the sciatic nerve had nerve root block injection last thursday but not much better has any one ever suffered with scarring if so let me know your outcome best of luck to everyone and keep smile Patx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.