Update - further withdrawal Lyrica from 100mg to 75mg

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am in similiar situation. Was on 200mg Lyrica and 20mg Escitalipram (Lexapro) in January I stopped taking Lexapro after a quick decrease from 20mg to 5mg to 0mg so am off SSRI's since.

The same time, I coldturkey dropped from 200mg to 100mg Lyrica, it was torture to say the least for about a month or so and in the midst of it, I got very sick with an infection.

Fast forward to now and I have decreased again from Lyrica from 100mg to 75mg and am feeling awful again.

Side effects/withdrawals include: Panic Attacks (especially when driving and after excercise) more frequent panic attacks than I would normally have.

Rattled when driving especially on motorways

Tightness/squeezing sensation over breasts (in chest)

difficulty swallowing

weak hands

feeling detached from my body

not feeling normal at all

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I am sorry that you are suffering so many withdrawals but I think you are tapering too quickly. Going down even by 25mg can cause your brain chemistry and central nervous system to go haywire for a time. The best advice is to taper no more than 10% at a time and if this is too much try 5mg at a time. I am still tapering off this drug and I use the water titration system by taking the capsule of 75mg and pull it apart - put the powder into a small container (that has a lid) and mix it with 75ml of warm water. You can buy syringes from Amazon in varying ml sizes but a 100ml would suit. With the syringe withdraw 10ml of the well mixed mixture and discard. This leaves you with a dose of 65mg to take. I know this sounds time consuming and messy but it has certainly helped me to taper slowly without too many withdrawal symptoms. I hope you find this helpful and if you have other questions please ask and I will reply. I wish you well
    • Posted

That does indeed sound messy!!

I think I will just perservere the way I am going and keep going through this hell.

Doctors in Ireland seem to increase or decrease by 25mg, there is no way my doctor would agree to decreasing by 5mg or 10%

• Posted

I have got so used to doing it I would rather be a bit messy and have less side effects from withdrawing. I agree Doctors do not 'agree' with us doing it this way but we really don't have to inform them as long as we have enough capsules left to do it. As you know, the capsules come in 25mg and upwards at a time. It is the same in England. I just worry a little bit about your withdrawal symptoms when driving but as long as you feel in control of your situation then it is totally your choice to taper in larger amounts. If it gets too much for you, you do at least have the water titration method to fall back on. I hope you are free of this drug and well in no time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.