update had my pelvic floor repair 😊

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi ladies just thought I'd update you had my op few days ago. Didn't need a hysterectomy 😊 or anterior repair. Had posterior wall repair and perineal repair. Spent two nights in hospital was in bit of pain due to vaginal pack and catheter but nothing I couldn't cope with. Surgeon has done a great job early days I know, but it looks amazing no bulges and my opening looks like it did before I had children. Going for a number 2 has been quite painful got some stool softener for that. So nice to get home just need to take it easy and recover.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

All the best Gemma. I had an anterior and posterior repair just over seven weeks ago. I have taken things very carefully and avoided any heavy lifting or vacuuming although it has been very frustrating at times. There have been times when I wondered whether I would ever be able to sit down comfortably again or go to the toilet without coming out in a sweat! Started driving short distances a week ago and have now been told by my surgeon that all has healed well and I can resume normal

activities. What a releif - so keep believing and don't try to do too much too soon. 

• Posted

Thank you Jane the toilet thing brings me out in a sweat too I held a clean flannel against my lady bits aplied comfortable pressure whilst opening bowels found it helped loads.
  • Posted

Great Gemma, really pleased for you. Look on line for physio advice post gynae vaginal surgery. Advice on sitting postion when opening bowels has been invaluable for me. Really does make a difference. Now I am back at work old habits have set in , not drinking and sitting for too long doing admin later in the day, getting up early has all upset my routine, so I have started having problems. Still got a pile of books in the loo!

all the best

Sue

• Posted

Thanks Sue is there anything you shouldn't be doing no one has said anything about times in terms of weeks. I'm waiting to start a new job and the other thing is how long do you wait before resuming intercourse not that I want my hubby anywhere near me at the moment lol
  • Posted

That's wonderful Gemma! So glad you didn't need hysterectomy. Best of luck with your recovery! The pooing gets better ha ha! 
    • Posted

Hope so carolannfud I bled a little after opening my bowels think it's come from the wound on the back wall. Thank you 😆
    • Posted

I had bleeding too, at least the first couple of times. I think I created a little tear from straining. It healed itself up though. 
  • Posted

Hi Gemma,  Before you had the operation had they told you, you would be having a hysterectomy and then when they started the operation decided you didn't need it?  Just curious.  I have been told I will need hysterectomy and anterior repair.
    • Posted

Yes caroline he said that if my womb was prolapsed he would take it out which upset me a bit as my womb is very healthy never had problems there. He said he would examine me under anaesthetic to assess the prolapse. I never needed a front wall repair or a hysterectomy in the end .😊 He did back wall and something to my perineum. To be honest it is not to painful just kind of feels like I've had a baby 😯. The pooing is Deffo the worse thing not nice I noticed I bled a little from the wound when I opened my bowel hope that's normal. Is that what you have had done Caroline1972?
    • Posted

Hi, no I haven't had any of it done yet.  My pelvic floor is non existant so I have 6 months of intensive exercises to do first.  He said I have 3 prolapses, uterus, bowl and bladder and that he recommends a hysterectomy and repairs.   I am actually kind of hoping they don't get my under and decide not to do the hyterectomy as every month is more painful than the next and It's becoming unbearable now.
    • Posted

I think they will do your hysterectomy then they told me they will only take it if it was prolapsed badly but in my case is wasn't and he took my age into account and the fact that my uterine scan came back normal. I don't have any problems with my periods either it was just back wall prolapse and pelvic body that I was suffering with. Good luck hope it all goes well for you Caroline.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.