Update & Hope!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

The past week has been decent for me compared to the past 2 1/2 months! I still have a good majority of my symptoms, but this week I was able to get up and do more! I paced myself and rested when I started to feel the need to. Yesterday I went into a restaurant for the first time since I've been sick and had my friend visit later! Today I was able to grab tea with a friend and then had another visit tonight! I know that I need to rest now though so I am going to lay down. I have been taking a strong multivitamin, vitamin c and b-complex since the beginning of this all. Along with aleve on and off for the inflammation which hit me super hard. If you told me I would have been able to sit in a restaurant (even feeling ill) a week ago I would've though you were insane! There is hope for all of us, and I'm beginning to experience the occasional good days.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Success stories as well as tips and tricks are also very welcome in this discussion. Trying my best to stay positive and learning to live with this in the mean time!!
  • Posted

Christina we are exactly in the same place in our recovery. I could have written exactly what you wrote. Be careful please... right before Christmas I started feeling better and I went out for a few hours each day doing some light shopping and then I relapsed hard. I just don't want you to go through the same thing... so please REST! smile 

• Posted

I did this a year ago, a few days after the new year's and regreted it deeply. Felt better and went on a clothes shopping spree for almost the entire day and 1 day after I was shaking and aching and being completely down. That was the best a felt since it began, 15 months ago, those few days before going shopping and walking for 8 hours. I came close to that a few times, but not really like it. Hope I'll get like that again.

• Posted

You will get like that again so you can feel free and liberated to do things Path....so hard to see and feel whilst it's been going on for so long I can only imagine, but there definitely is stlil hope hang in there - this will be a much better year I have a feeling for you.

Craig

• Posted

Hey Christina,

Really pleased to hear that you are seeing some progress - that's great!! Remember just take things slowly still, sometimes folk can start to feel a bit better then do too much and it sends them back the way again, so just build things slowly and as time goes on more and more good days will come until the time comes when you just feel yourself again, I really do believe that!

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.