update hope for new starters

Posted , 6 users are following.

6weeks ago I was terrified of what might happen to me, I've never tried Anti depressants and I'd hit an all time low and couldn't see a way out, the first step to recovering is recognising your not yourself and making the appointment, so a pat on the back for that, not knowing anything about this medication or how it would effect me, was quite worrying and hearing people go through hard times on here was scared and I questioned myself should I carry on? I took my tablet everyday and came on to see how others were getting on, occasionally someone would be on the mend usually around 6 weeks, which seems such a long way off when you begin but, don't let side effects get you down, I'm finally getting there had a around 4-5 good days so far I'm not gonna say I'm completely 100% but only because I don't want to get my hopes up but I'm definately getting there, just thought you could all do with some positive feed back weeks 2-4 where my worst goodluck xx

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Thanks Lisa,

I know you know how important the positive feedback is for anyone going through side effects. You have certainly helped me stay the course.

One day at a time.

• Posted

Thank you!!!  This is so important to hear.  Did you have the insomnia and did it go away?  One of my side effects - thanks
    • Posted

Yes Susan between weeks 2-3 what time you take your meds? I began in the morning but found I was tired all day so I started taking them at night, you might want to try and swap the times round I found it helped x
    • Posted

I take them in the morning.  Because after an hour or so I get some anxiety.  I heard (from other posts) that if you are getting insominia to switch to morning.  Last night was a hard night.  Not much sleep.  I hope this goes away soon.  Thanks
  • Posted

Lisa,

I'm at 3 weeks and it's def the worst. Ups and downs. Sad, happy , mad, and positive in one day until I feel an anxiety attack. Is this normal and how long have u been on the medication.

Thanks

• Posted

And yes it's totally normal, I was definately aware of my emotions and it was a roller coaster, I felt useless at times as I could see the housework piling up and could see my hubby getting a little frustrated as supportive as he tried to be it's been hard dealing with the house and kids for him the days I just wanted to lie on my bed and be left alone but the good days are worth the wait x

• Posted

Thank you! Very reassuring! I hope I come out of this emotional roller coaster soon! Day 24
    • Posted

Hi Lisa,

I am really happy I read that. Even at just over the 4 week mark of 20mg, I am not quite there. Still having sleep issues (even on sleeping tablets) and struggling with increased anxiety still. But my Doc says not to even count the days before I started on 20mg (I was on 5 mg for a week then 10 mg for a week) so I am hoping in the next 2 weeks, like in your case, there is a big shift. Currently shifting between very low and very anxious, with periods of feeling quite numb in between. Remaining cautiously optimistic. Thanks for your input!

• Posted

Week 4-5 I really couldn't be bothered I was feeling really flat and spent nights tossing and turning but week 6 has been so much better not 100% but so much better, goodluck x

• Posted

That is so funny. It is exactly how I am feeling. I just cannot be bothered. I wake up every morning at 4:30 and my anxiety is so bad that most nights I take a valium when I get home. Caused so much anxiety, going from someone who was very anti drugs to taking 3 hectic medications (fluoxetine, valium and sleeping tablet) overnight. Good luck to everyone on here. ANd please keep us posted.
  • Posted

Six weeks today and I have had three good days.  Not much anxiety at all.  I am finding myself caring about things again. Ya know, like laundry, cleaning, those exciting things. But I am excited because it has been a long time since I even cared.  There is hope.  I can feel it.  Thank you.
    • Posted

That's awesome ???? I'm 6 days in and having the worst day yet sad I don't even want to talk to my kids, just lay in bed. The anxiety is terrible and I just want to cry. Totally having moments of 'can I do this much longer' 😞

• Posted

Hey Laura,

Hold on, it will get better. I was where you are at that time also. It's horrible but unfortunately most everyone seems to go through the same painful side effects and the first 4 weeks are the worst. Have you asked your doctor for anything to help when your anxiety is at its worst. I have taken clonazepam a few times when I couldn't cope and it took the edge off. 

You are not alone and what you are going through seems to be the norm.

Rest when you can and be kind to yourself. It will get better.

Laurie

• Posted

Hi everyone we're a week on, how you all doing? Just going into week 8 been fine since my last post but exhausted the last 2 days, although have had a busy/stressful week. Thinking of you all and hoping your over the worst xx

• Posted

Hi Lisa!

Day 22 here. Spent the morning crying and wondering if I was ever going to be the same again. These posts give me so much hope, but at the same time it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I just don't know...

• Posted

Hold on Laura your nearly there! I had my doubts too I'm now on week 9-10 now last week I had a say feeling tired and stopped my meds for 2 days as I felt they were holding feelung tired, but come Friday I hit burn out and gave myself a total day off, I. Actual fact it's now 6 good days out of 7 it's slow going but you will get there and I've had such a good time with my family the last few weeks too, stick with it you will get there x

• Posted

Thank you Lisa ❤️❤️

Day 26 for me today, and I had a pretty good day. Not amazing, but not full of the usual anxiety. Hopefully will get some sleep tonight!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.