Update..hope this helps others.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hope this helps other people , you may have seen my previous posts. After two yrs of living hell and having just had 5 weeks in hospital now on the right treatment. Had intracellular staph a , ecoli, constant post nasal drip and severe headaches . Due to nature of it being intracellular didn't always show up in blood tests and cultures although I felt extremely sick, I'm lucky to havethe best consultant in the country who always believed me when others didn't , some just told me I was over anxious!!, and he  persisted, bone scan showed staph A infection infiltrated into skull base and frontal bone. Now on long parental course of teicoplanin and ciprofloxiin. Ask for abonescan, it will show if there is any active infection. No body should suffer like I have. Hopes this helps others. 

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Diane, I’m so sorry for what you’ve been through, and thank you for sharing this important information.

I’m 56, also CRS 25 years, now Bronchiectasis & NTM abscessus & staph aureus in sinuses, NTM avium in lungs. I take gentamicin and budesonide 2x daily via Neti Pot. Allows me to keep working & walking.

I am blessed to see the top doc at Stanford, but we haven’t done a bone scan. Your sinus CT scans didn’t show the bone infection? 

Who is your doctor?

Warmest regards and prayers for us all,

Brenda

• Posted

Hi Brenda, no that was one of the problems ct or MRI didn't show it but bone scan showed severe infection. My consultant is Mr Peter Dekker....saved my life a few times, never gave up and always listened.

• Posted

Diane - can you please describe your symptoms? What led to hospitalization, etc? Thank you so much.
    • Posted

Diane I hope you’ll continue to post. I would like to hear more from you.
  • Posted

How are you feeling? 

I need to get a bone scan. I have a couple of areas on my face that are screwed up. And been to drs and it’s the hands in the air. Bad luck with my situation and trying to fix one problem led to another and I just have that doom and gloom feeling. I am glad you persisted and got answers! I have another MRI scheduled this week. But like you mentioned it doesn’t always show things. I will keep persisting!

• Posted

I'm suffering with chronic postnasal drip and flare ups of headaches. Can you give any more information on this because i'm going to go into my ENT and request this, I've had a CT, would this have showed an intracellular infection?

• Posted

Hi Diane I have had 3 sinus operations last one 7 weeks ago and still no better had ecoli  and colibofins in my swabs  asked about a bone scan and was told the can see the sane from my ct scan  I can’t feel any further down 3 years this has gone on I feel beat any advice ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.