update. more help please

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all.

Now into week 3 of coming off and this morning had the box in my hand ready to take a 37.5.

I can't describe this. Yesterday the worst head ever with terrible ringing in my ears, sleep did not help. Today i feel i have the worst hangover ever, my brain feels like its hitting my skull, my vision is blurred and i am exhausted. I thought i'd cracked it, obviously not. Anybody else had this?

Ian

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Carol hang in there it takes a while and for sure it feels like a lifetime but things get better I am 7 weeks off from that Effexor and finally I can see the light on the other side ,I have learn that really we are on our own Doctors don't believe on the Withdrawals,but they are real and very dark,I had meditating a lot also naps help I feel my brain heals faster with the naps also the omega 3 ,they put me in Zolof so it wouldn't be so hard but it is hard no matter what ,I am having a lot of anxiety but I am learning how to comfort my mind .I also being praying a lot .I hope you start feeling better soon.
  • Posted

thats interesting, i've had a ringing in my ears since i started to reduce the venlafaxine, i went to the doctors and their was some fluid behind the ear drums. she gave me a nasel spray but that hasnt helped yet.
  • Posted

Hi Ian

Now the doc agrees I'm having withdrawal, I feel better that he believes me and stopped trying anti dizzy pills but just make me sick.  I have managed to go for a walk today and tried not to look drunk!!! The sounds are so enhansed and brain zaps so annoying.  But I do believe the effects are reducing day 18 off the ven.  I presume being called Ian you are male!  When giving birth its excruciating but you know. the end is in sight.  But theses WD seem never ending.  If in future I am perscribed anything I want the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.  Hope you are feeling a bit better. I too find short naps help and I am trying to use my mindfulness. There is a great app called head space, with guided meditation. It really is worth a go and its free.

carol

• Posted

If the nasal spray is a decongestant type you need to know a few things

1) if you use more sprays than recommended each time or more frequently than recommended congestion can be caused (this is called "rebound congestion")

2) if it is a pump spray device then the spray comes out in a fine mist and sniffing at the same time as spraying causes much of the mist to end up in the back of your throat. The mist gets up into the nooks and crannies just fine without sniffing.

The other type of spray, where you squeeze the bottle delivers  much coarser droplets. Not only that, the amount you get depends on how hard you squeeze.

The pump sprays deliver a "metered dose" each time from a little chamber inside.

It is a mystery to me why the old fashioned squeeze sprays still exist other than to get more shelf space in the pharmacy.

3) The decongestant constricts the blood vessels in the mucus membrane which in turn causes the thickness of the membrane to shrink which is what you want. But, if you use the spray for longer than recommended, the membrane becomes damaged through lack of blood. (Think a rubber band around the wrist. Eventually your hand will drop off.)  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.