Update on 1-2-19 LTKR

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey Everyone!

Just updating on my surgery on 1-2-18. So this left knee replacement (knock on wood) seems to be going great so far! I had my right knee replaced Oct 15 2018 and it seemed a lot more painful and difficult. I had PT at my home for my first session yesterday(Friday)my flexion was 96 and my extension was -11. When I had the right one done day one flexion was 72 and extension was 42. So I am super excited and beyond blessed with this new knee! I am walking on it to the bathroom unassisted and the pain had subsided as of now. I was in a bit of pain last night and this morning but I'm feeling so good right now. I just hope the new knee stays this way! My PT was so happy with my numbers now compared to the other knee and seems to think "its gonna be a piece of cake" compared to the first knee. Thank you for everyone's support!! You guys are all the best and have made my knee surgeries so much easier with you all to talk to!

Happy Knee Year!! (haha my doc liked that.)

Melissa

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

great to hear. congrats on what looks like a great beginning heal fast

• Posted

Thanks JRS! I hope so too! Hope you're doing well also!

Take care!

Melissa

• Posted

Good morning Melissa

File size is too bigMy name is Iris Llavet i have a question for U.Myself i had left total knee replacement on 12/26/2018 and at the moment my knee is swollen.Do to that i barely can bend me knee.And after surgery can u shower.I forgot to ask my surgeon.

• Posted

Hi Iris!

I can't shower until my staples are removed in a few weeks. I sit on a shower chair in the tub with my surgical leg over the side. Wash myself and rinse off with cup of water I dump over myself to rinse off the soap. If you don't have staples I would wait to talk to the surgeon to see when it's safe for you to shower. Hope your swelling subsides soon!

Take care!

Melissa

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.