Update on 4.8cm cyst surgery

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Ladies. I became a member of this forum over a month ago.  I wanted to share my experience in hopes that it will help anyone going through the same thing. 

I had a cyst on my ovary 4.8 cm for 8 years which was being monitored.   My Gyno recommended I remove it because it was growing.   I agreed and knew it was the right thing to do.  So about 12 days ago I had my ovaries and tubes removed.    I am post menapausal.  

I was so nervous about the whole thing as this was my first laparoscopic surgery.   

So today was my post op and all is good.  

I had no gas pains only sore on one side.  I went home on the same day and was very lucky that I didn’t even need any meds.  The whole thing was not as bad as I thought it would be.  

All I can say is pre op be prepared.  Food shop  and make yourself a pot of chicken soup.   Have tea and honey in the house because your throat may be sore.   Get throat lozenges.  Make sure your house is clean and change the sheets.   Vacuum because when you get home you’ll be glad you did. A lot of women have constipation.  Get stool softeners just in case.  

Post op have help and if you had lap surgery walk and rest.  Don’t over do it.  Eat soup and drink tea.  Drink water.   Take it slow.  You will feel better every day.   Good luck and God bless you ladies and thank you for all your support.  🙏🏻🙏🏻🇺🇸🇺🇸

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I’m glad you are doing well. I am wondering if you had a regular OB do the procedure or a Onocologist? I have been referred to a Onocologist bc of my bloodwork.
    • Posted

Hi. 

My Gyno did the procedure.   I did have a CA125 blood test done which was normal.  Best of luck to you.  

• Posted

So glad that all worked out for you ..I am having laparoscopic surgery on Monday due to a 1.3 cm dermoid cyst? Brenner tumor?conflictimg ultrasound and mri report ..I am totally freaking out although all reports seem to point towards benign ..one truly doesn't know until they go in though ...my anxiety is through the roof 

• Posted

I was also very scared but I took a lot of deep breaths and decided I had to do this.   I wanted to cancel many times. Most cysts and tumors usually turn out to be benign.   They do know what they are doing in the OR and you will be asleep. It will be over before you know it.  When all turns out ok you will be glad you took care of it.   Try and relax and stay calm.  Your recovery will be easy with lap surgery.   Just remember to walk and rest.   Best of luck to you.  Please update post surgery.  
    • Posted

Thank u so much for your words of encouragement ..can't wait to get past this nightmare !

• Posted

Love this post & great advice! 

Glad it's all over for you now x

This forum helps so many people I never knew how many people are affected by these sort of cysts they're much more common than you think! 

Stronger together ladies 😊👍🏻 x

• Posted

Please pray for me tomorrow girls 🙏🏻🙏🏻tomorrow is the dreaded day ..thanks again for your words of encouragement 

• Posted

Good luck and I’m sure all will go well.  Please let me know when it’s over.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.