Update on arsthcopy recovery

Posted , 5 users are following.

had keyhole surgery 8 weeks ago and like to share that I nearly feel back to normal having a locked knee for 3 months, doing my excercises after seeing private physio regularly . Still a little muscle waste above the knee but hope this will return if I keep up the strengthening excercises. Hope everybody is well and recovering well regards Bev

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

That's great to hear I'm glad your doing better. I'm 23yrs old I had keyhole surgery 4 weeks ago on rt knee then 3 weeks on left knee so this is deff giving me motivation. I was starting to get a little worried bc the pain on both knees are still there. It defiantly reduce from before the surgery but pain is defiantly still there. I had 2 bad weak knees for a year before doing a surgery so I deff need some time to get my leg an knee muscles to start kicking again. The most pain is usally in the morning an late night so if this sounded like you then maybe in 8 weeks I'll start feeling better myself. Please keep me posted I would love to see how you keep doing especially bc it will motavate me!
    • Posted

Sorry I forgot to mention 1 thing it hurts most when I'm standing an fully lock my legs. I'm not sure if it's bc still the leg an knee are very weak. What were your symptoms?
    • Posted

Hi mine used to hurt when standing too long and felt weak. Keep doing the excercises three times a day and it will make it stronger. My knee still gets stiff and aches but I am sure it will take time to fully recover regards Bev
  • Posted

Hello bev how are you? I hoping the knee is doing better now. I am 8 weeks post up tomorrow an the knees are doing better but defiantly still a little bit of pain. Wanted to know if that was normal an how are you doing an does it still get better week by week
    • Posted

Hi thanks for asking, much better now just alittle stiff and they ache in the evenings but on the whole much better, hope your well Bev
  • Posted

Hello bev how are you. Just wondering if week by week your feeling better? I'm a 11 week post op from the keyhole surgery. Deff feeling better some days are worse then others with pain and stiffness but basically want to know if it still gets better an better. Love to hear how your doing.
    • Posted

Hi thanks for asking on the whole doubt really well, sometimes forget I

Had it done. Gets stiff if I don't walk and taking cod liver oil. Keep well and

Hope you feel even better soon. I am sure you will each week regards

Bev

• Posted

I am 6 weeks today post arthroscopy operation. I do physio twice a day and walk for 10 minutes a day. I have to use a crutch to walk. I am still in a lot of pain. Am taking anti inflammatory pills and co-codomal pills. I feel reluctant to go back to my surgeon so early after the operation. I don't want to make a fuss. I would appreciate any advice this forum can give me. 
  • Posted

I am also 6 weeks post op. I went in for a lateral release but was told when I came round, they had managed to repair my knee via the arthroscopy. I feel I am one of the fortunate ones as I no longer have a limp and except when fully extending the knee from 90 degrees when bent or negotiating stairs or a steep slope, am mostly pain free. I have continued to do my physio exercises three to four times a day. I did some serious dept store shopping last week and I must admit I did feel I had overdone it as I had a bad achy night and throbbing at the inner side of the joint. I am seeing the surgeon for my 6 week post op follow up and hope to have my other knee done after Christmas. Good luck,  Finley. Let's hope you will soon be able to throw away the crutches.
  • Posted

A quick update. I had my post op check up on Thursday and the consultant was amazed by how well I am doing. He admitted that arthroscopic surgery is very hit and miss and there is only around a 50% chance of improvement.  Apparently I have raw exposed bone on the outside of the head of the femur which he can't do anything surgically for. He had in his notes TKR? but the joint itself is relatively healthy. He did however say he found a couple of torn pockets in my ligaments and fraying which he has repaired. He's left it to me to decided whether to get the other knee done, as the outcome may not be as positive. My feelings are to go for it. What are the chances of me ending up worse off? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.