Update on BHRT

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi everyone,

i promised to update my progress on BHRT, here it is. 

Im twenty days into the therapy, mmm all i can say so far is ive had two days where i felt i was maybe feeling better. Last week i reported i felt like i was passing out in my sleep, that happened one night, since then my internal tremors have been getting much worse. My belly is throbbing tonite, fast heartbeats, not a good day at all! Anxiety just doesnt want to shift! Very down and low in spirits. I called chemist who made my BHRT tabs asked about side effects, he didnt think internal tremors were a usually reported as such. He suggested i stop them for three days to see if they improve. He didnt know internal tremors were common in menopause! I nearly suggested he come visit this forum for better information. So I am feeling worse than i did twenty days ago, am i giving them up too soon? I cant stand feeling like this, im confused as well as sick! 

Anyone had a similar experience on BHRT?

thanks for any comments 🌷

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Carol

I've been on HRT for 6 months now. It took months for me to help really. The internal vibrations/tremors I got a lot. I still get them now at times. My Hrt mainly has helped my hot sweats and low mood and anxiety. By month 5 of taking it my frightened feelings that came over me often eased a lot. I went to my doctor yesterday and she suggested using 3 pumps of oestriogel instead of 2. Please give it time it's trial and error really. What HRT are you using?

• Posted

Hello Michelle,

thanks for your reply, i am using rapid dissolving tablets on the tongue. The BHRT is 70/30 biest 0.8mg.  Chemist said its a low dose, i opted to try BHRT as both my parents died of heart attacks. My hormone test showed

• Posted

Oops technical hitch there,

my hormone test showed,, fsh 225 e2 60 prog 1 testo 1.9

I go to a Menopause Clinic here, i must admit my visit to Dr didnt last long in and out pretty quickly and it cost a lot of money. Dr said straight away when she read test results, well no wonder you dont feel well you have no hormones. After starting BHRT i noticed the bottom of my spine started burning, i also had diarrea more. I didnt take tablet last night as per chemists suggestion, i slept ok still had tremors. I am anxious all day, its a horrible way to feel, my body also throbs. My hormone test is the only test showing anything amiss, although my tsh is 1.00 and dropping every test. Ive lost 13 kilos since March, my clothes are hanging off me lol

I am glad to hear your HRT is helping you! Good luck to you!💐

• Posted

Carol,

That's for this update on your journey with BHRT.  I also had some strange symptoms beginning hormone replacement.  

As Michelle mentioned it would help to know what you are taking and the form of  your bioidenticals. Also your menopause status.  Did you have your hormone levels tested before beginning?  How low were your levels?  Who are you seeing for therapy?  

• Posted

Hello Gailannie,

thanks for your post, yes i had my hormones tested again third time this year trying to figure out why i feel so awful. You will see in my reply to Michelle my levels and what type of BHRT im on.

i do read with interest that lots of ladies just use supplements, i also take magnesium, vit Bs, probitotics my test results dont show any defiencies. But im sure those results would vary through the day.

i have had bad health with CFS for many years so its hard working my way through everything! I hope your journey had been beter than mine! Take care 🌹

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.