Update on experience

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone :D

Update: well I am in 2nd week now, started taking \"blueys\" on Monday 3rd August.

Did not experience any bad effects in 1st week apart from a bit of wind problems - hubbie was not impressed with this as always seemed to happen at night :oops:

Been very good all week, been doing the WW diet and stuck to my points. On Sunday evening I had some chocolate - cadbury flake and curly wurly. On Monday evening had a curly wurly. Now all chocolate was included in my WW points but I had horrible sore stomach on the next mornings and bad experience in the toilet. I have not had any chocolate since and no more pains :D Guess need to find out what works and what does not.

I have though found Kellogs Special K Bars - the bliss kind - they have a little bit of chocolate, so I still get my chocolate fix - but without any bad experience.

In this 2nd week I am experiencing still the wind problems and now also the orange oil when at the toilet. Not had any mishaps in my underwear thank goodness although a couple of quick rush to go. :shock:

Hope this helps some people who are starting - I hope to post my update every week, helps me keep focused also :D

Oh and also, have lost 1/2 stone in 1st week :D :D :D

My tip that is working for me: take it one day at a time, maybe even one meal at a time.

Have a good day everyone,

Glasgow Lass x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Well done....that's a great result and your experience will help others.
  • Posted

if you intergrate your chocolate consumption into the general rule of 15g fat per meal then you will find you can still have some chocie but without the side effects, for example i had a milky way with dinner this evening, its 3.5g fat, a curly wurly is 4.6g which is also good for us on the blueys.

I have just checked out the cadbury website and there is 9.9g fat in a standard 32g bar of flake so if you consider that you ate a flake and curly wurly on top of your evening meal then you would have exceeded your meal's fat intake hence the bad side effects.

there are plenty of foods out there with bits of choc which are low fat such as weight watchers deserts, chocolate snack a jacks and the above mentioned milkyway and curlywurly

• Posted

Hi - well done for your weight loss in first week. I decided to ditch ww as i found that it allowed me too many calories and i couldnt get enough fat in my diet. I now track 1500 cal and 30g fat a day with no more than 15g of fat per meal. Its working for me with no side effects.

Good luck for second week.

• Posted

Hi glasgow girl,

I am also following WW and taking orlistat but as yet I feel that nothing has happened yet, I don't eat a diet that is high in fat, and have been sticking to my points religiously. I have been taking orlistat for a week now but have had no side effects apart from a little wind, and nothing has showed on the scales yet sad... Was wondering how long it took to kick in for you and do you take your tablet before every meal or at a different time?

Would appreciate help from anyone who has some advice :D

• Posted

Hello there,

I'm a fellow WW. I have 29 points and try to stick to these. (i do 90%)

In the first 2 weeks I was an angel with points and I lost 4kilos. The next 2 weeks I stayed the same. The last 2 weeks I've been okish and lost 2 kilos. So in 6 weeks I've lost 12lb.

Its not as high as most people but I'm happy. My jeans are falling off me as well as my work wear.

With side effects I only suffer if I eat chocolate (apart from the odd kit kat) and salmon. I seem to be ok with fish and chips he he

Everyone is different but I only get side effects with certain foods and even then its mainly wind.

Stick with it, my 1st weigh in was a complete suprise. x

• Posted

I am on 26 points per day and never go over, struggle to eat 26 most days, i also dont eat alot of fat so i was thinking that maybe they dont work unless you eat alot of fat...

I started my bluey's last tuesday (11/08/09) and will have my first weigh in at my WW meeting on this thrusday, i've been a little naughty and been looking at the scales at home and it doesnt look like ive lost anything sad i think its all mental with me, i've set my goal to lose weight and am trying so hard and starting to get a little disheartened sad. Also, been having no symptoms either, which i'm told is a good thing, but to me it feels like nothing is happening

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.