Update on Husband - Rheumatoid Vasculitis?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi.

I posted a few weeks ago about my husband being diagnosed with seropositive RA, by the GP that gave him Methotrexate and an appt 3 months later with no testing in between. 

His pain is still outrageous, and he is still dizzy, short of breath, lung pain, etc. Well, we finally got a referral to a well-respected Rheumatologist, in 2 weeks.   

Here's something that caught us by surprise.  The referring GP that said only "your RA is trying to kill you" put on the referral that he has "Rheumatoid Vasculitis."  What?  This would explain the chest pain, lung issues, etc.  Basically inflammation of the pulmonary system?  Does anyone have experience with this?  It seems very serious. sad

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Glad the appointment is soon as this urgently needs treating. In fact I wouldn't rule out  a trip to emergency if things get any worse. I have RA related lung disease which seems to be being controlled by a biologic for RA. But I didn't have pain in my chest or dizziness, just shortness of breath. Not being medical I couldn't hazard a guess on that but those symptoms are serious. Keep us in touch

• Posted

Thank you.  I will definitely update when we find out more, as it may be helpful to others. 
  • Posted

Hello- I have searched many forums on RA and have never seen anyone talk about these symptoms. I have the very same symptoms among other RA issues. I have spoke to my rhuemy about my chest pain/lung pain and he said it could be the arthritis but it is more than likely chrondochrondritis, which i was told is a inflamation of the muscle/joint connective tissue. i could not accept this, as I would get short of breath and have very sharp pains in my lungs/ back and surrounding areas, just does not seem right. So long story short  I have not heard of "Rheumatoid Vasculitis."  but will be looking into this. I hope your symptoms have improved and thank you for posting this, it gives me hope that they may i be able to find some releif from this. I know this is not helpful, but I know how your husand feels, its a horrible pain in which I have found no explanation for or relief.. yet.

• Posted

Thanks so much for the reply.  I'm glad my post was helpful to you!  This has been so frustrating so far, just trying to get answers.  My husband can barely work at this point because of this, and just severe body pain.  Doctor prescribed Diclofenac with the Methotrexate, and it has no effect at all on the pain. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.