Update on knee arsthscopy

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi just a quick update three weeks since keyhole surgery can walk quite well still Alitalia stiff but no other pAin with it. Stopped taking pain killers but now just very tearful and feel totally fed up, anyone know why this is Bev

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Finley. Sorry to hear you're feeling low at the moment. It should improve though ic you can continue with your exercises. I had arthroscopy 12 months ago and felt same. Went to gym to usee e exercise bike and swim. All these help physically as well as mentally. My knee still aches and have been told I will need replacement. Putting that off for as long as I can. Give yourself time and patience im sure things will improve. Look at you diet also. Oily fish especially. Wishing you well ery soon. Nuala
    • Posted

Thanks Nuala for your reply, when you had yours done can yiu remember how long it was until you walked like you used to? Predictive text is a nuisance sometime lol. Regards Bev
    • Posted

I can remember exactly but I kep up with the exercises strengthning the quads, bought a home stationery bike, went swimming and used the bike and cross trainer at the gym. Went to Spain on hols in August and walked fine around Nerja. My knee swelled up in the heat though but I just walked with the discomfort. As I said its not great at the moment, and I try to get a walk in as often as possible, but as it is now bone on bone its quite painful whilst walking. Doesnt stop me though. Keep at it with a positive mind and it will probably come natural in no time. I dont know what you had your surgery for? Mine is arthritis, wear and tear so a repacement is inevitable at some stage. Regards Nuala
    • Posted

Ah thank you for your reply. Mine was for a torn cartilage which flapped over my knee cap forcing it to lock....corondral flap they call it. I will keep up the the exercises just feeling down as can't do what I used to do. Feel very sorry for people having a TKR must be horrible. So I will think of that and stop moaning 😀 hope all goes well for you regards Bev
  • Posted

Sorry for letters missing. Hope you can read

It. Nuala

• Posted

Please make sure you do your post op exercises and use your knee as normal ASAP, I was unsure what they actually did in my knee op and was scared to use it properly which has ended up in me needing physio to strengthen my muscles again
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply, as I was walking on a locked knee for 3 months I am finding it hard to walk as normal. Sometimes just think it's in my head that I can't. Regards Bev

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.