Update on my hernia

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all and firstly I just want to say thank you to all those who have helped me,with their advice,it is really much appreciated.Well since my last update I did get to speak to a surgeon about my hernia,but got fobbed off,she thought it wasn’t my hernia causing all the stomach pains I’ve been getting on and off now for 9 months now,she thought it might be IBS,and refused to fix my hernia with surgery.So I was back to square one,had to see my doctor again,he also thought it was IBS I have,so prescribed me mebrevine,which didn’t help,so then he put me on buscopan,which unfortunately didn’t help me either,I still continued to have stomach pains,then suddenly end of last week,I had excruciating stomach pain coming directly from my belly button area,which is where my hernia is,this pain lasted around 45 mins,so I got an appointment to see a different doctor to my doctor,I saw this female doctor this morning,told her everything,she then gave me an examination on my stomach,soon as she examined round my belly button area,I screamed at her in pain,she wasn’t even touching my stomach that hard,so she’s decided to try and push to get me referred back to the hospital,I really do hope she succeeds and I get the treatment I need,get my hernia fixed whether it be by surgery or any other means 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Lets hope that they now sort you out.  It is unfair of them to make people suffer the way that they do sad
  • Posted

Good luck Jenny.... I too had similar problems when I initially suffered with my inguinal hernia. Dr said it was a stomach strain... I suffered for weeks.. went back and seen another (better) doctor who examined me properly and listened to me. He said I was presenting all the symptoms of hernia but he couldn't feel it. I was sent for both US Scan & MRI, neither picked up my hernia... by this time I was in awful pain... so much so, the consultant agreed to do exploratory surgery. Low & behold he found the hernia... fixed it with a mesh plug. Two & half years later... I've just started with awful pain again, and am currently being investigated again, my doc thinks it's nerve damage... so hopefully find out properly when I'm back to see my consultant again next week. I hope you get your referral to a consultant to address your pain... good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.