Update on my procedure

Posted , 7 users are following.

As some of you know, I had my Rezum done last July and posted some detailed reports of my experience. I had another follow up last week and I explained to the Doc that my stream had actually weakened since the first part of October. That led to a scan today. Found a wad of dead material in my bladder (which wasn't causing a problem but still needs to be removed, just chilling on the floor of the bladder) but there was some tissue that looked like it was almost coming down from above and then there was some tissue that hadn't been killed that was sticking out into the flow in the prostate. In short, while the neck of the bladder was clear the Rezum needs to be cleaned up. So, I am now scheduled for a "cleanup turp" on the 17th. My Rezum was done with a Dr. that has done 300 Rezum procedures and consults with the Rezum company. So, my message is this: no procedure is perfect. Some Rezum's work great, but in my case my prostate was a little funny shaped - and we knew that going in. We knew there would be a possibility of needing a turp. The Doc thought we would be OK when he performed it in July, but nope. This stuff is very much an art and very much impacted by your own personal physical quirks. So, if you are a first time reader, just look up my notes. I agree whole heartedly that you should NOT do this awake. No flippin way. You should request to be twilighted. You can read about the meds they used on my earlier notes for twilighting me. Very effective. Good luck out there!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm curious why they can't do a cleanup Rezum. It would seem that they could zap all of the excess tissue again and obliterate it that way - sparing you anesthesia and RE.

• Posted

oldbuzzard: I too am curious why REZUM can't be the treatment of choice to clean up the tissue that didn't die off in the first REZUM treatment. If you find out why, let me know or if I find out from my Uro, I will post.

• Posted

Eric,

Thanks for sharing your experience with Rezum. I am interested in your previous posts...can you please post a link to these?

Patrick

• Posted

i had the greenlight surgery so i could empty my bladdee and get rid of my cathater i still have the cathater it did not work just make the surgeon richer

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.