Update on recovery

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ive seen my surgeon now for the final check before im signed off but still very tender across the top of my foot and swollen. After another xray, which confirmed all ok thank goodness, I'm returning to see him in 8 weeks. It is not unusual to still be tender and swollen for up to 12 months. It's slowly getting better.....I've turned the corner at 3 1/2 months post op. I'm on the list to have my other bunion removed now. I'm glad I've had it done....no regrets.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello Mrs. Chatty! I appreciate your contribution. I am 7 weeks post op as of today. I am walking without a limp - if I walk with purpose and slower than usual.  smile    The top of my foot is still rather swollen and slightly discoloured but it is doing better and better each day.  I have begun to be more active: walking 2km every second day, swimming (sorta .. lol) but I stil cannot bend the toe downwards.  I am manually moving it up to stretch the tendon and scar tissue.  Are you able to bed your toe down?  Can you now bend your toe up and down without helping it manually? 

I have no regrets either - although I am not in a hurry to have the other foot done! 

• Posted

Mrs Chatty - I have a question for you. Do you have full range of movement for your big toe? Can you bend it all the way up and down on your own?  I ask because I am almost 8 weeks post op and cannot move the toe down at all and wondering if this will change over time? I can make it bend up with my hand/fingers but it won't move on it's own.   sad   Hoping this will change. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.