update on skin sensations

Posted , 8 users are following.

I posted last week about my problems with weird sensations around my scar, many of you suggested that this problem was down to nerve problems. I saw physio today who agreed with you all and he gave me an idea for reducing it. He says that when my skin starts burning/feeling wet/stuck with pins etc that friction from clothing and or bedding was probably triggering what he called nerve hypersensivity syndrome. His solution is simple, smother the area in aqueos cream and wrap it in cling film,the friction is gone and with it the horrible sensations. Well, I gave it a go last night, and am happy to say I slept for 6 hours (record) wether it was the cling film or not I dont know, but I shall be giving it another go tonight and will let you know

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi, good to know because I suffer with that a lot as well so will try it tonight xx
  • Posted

Hi

I posted something similar to this not long after my TKR, and got a little bit of a telling off, as I apparantly shouldnt advise anyone to wrap anything round their leg sad It was a shame as it really worked for me, but I didnt feel that I could tell anyone else....

Im really glad it worked for you, isnt it lovely to have a proper sleep? cheesygrin xx

• Posted

It's really made me laugh the thought of us all wrapped up in cling film...the lengths we go to for some relief eh!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.