update on tah and queries on hrt

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I wrote asking for advice as was scheduled to have the procedure done 25th August however it was changed to 1st August.

This went well and had it done keyhole.

However I've been told not to start hrt for 6 weeks post procedure and as my ovaries it is oestrogen only.

I am feeling constantly exhausted and although I know it's a big op I thought I would feel better than this 10 days post op. Even a shower has me exhausted.

I am 37 and wondered if 6 weeks is normal I was on zoladex injection prior to op.

Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had my op keyhole back on the 25th of February and I still feel exhausted sometimes don't rush take everything one day at a time I still struggle when I lift things that are heavy I'm on a hrt gel but it hasn't got rid of the flushes but it's not as bad as it was Lyn 
  • Posted

Hi

Had a TAH in May it will be will be 14 weeks tomorrow. I found that at around week 10 I started to get my energy back. Still have the odd day if I've done to much. You are still in the early stages of healing, listen to what your body is telling you its using its energy to heal. Please don't try and rush take your time 10 days is really early, be kind to yourself. Can't help with hrt as I kept my ovaries. Good luck with your recovery. Claire x

• Posted

Hi Jo

I am 4 weeks post abdominal hysterectomy and ovaries removed, I had my op on the Tuesday and started Premarin in the Friday, I have been taking them almost 3 weeks but I am still crying all the time for nothing and hot flushes? I am unsure how long it takes for them to start working xx I am very tired I have been out for lunch and got bk need a sleep like you say very exhausting xxx

• Posted

Hi. I had same op and I'm 40. I've got to go 6 months without hrt 😕. I think it all depends on what op for and Dr. Hope 6 weeks go quick for you. I'm nearly 10 weeks post op and although I'm on livial it's not the same. I can't wait for Xmas and my oestrogen to come back.
    • Posted

Hiya

I have to call the nurse this morning so going to ask about my HRT and also about my bladder problems so see what she says when did you go back to work? I sit all day In my job and it is very stressful being shouted at all day😟 but I find sitting hurts more?? X

• Posted

I went back at 6 weeks. I find sitting down worse too and I'm straight back into stress job as well. I completely ache all over constantly which is worse than any hot flushes. I really hope hrt stops it. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.