Update One Port Laparoscopic surgery through the belly button ???!!!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello my dear friends an UPDATE for my situation ,YESTERDAY i went to the doctor in another different hospital he said UFE CANNOT be done because new blood veins will nurture the fibroid again and it would cause infection if left inside. THEN, he suggested that i do ONE PORT HOLE LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERY through my belly button instead of the traditional multiple holes laparoscopic procedure . HE said not many doctors perform this procedure just him and another surgeron . DID SOMEBODY HEAR about one port laparoscopy before ? IS IT safe ?THANK YOU

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am responding based on your narrative. so my comments may reflect misunderstanding of the story because I did not have the interaction. The "one Port" doc sounds like he is boxing you into his preferred approach. That is a dangerous sign. It means your outcomes are not his/her priority. He Sounds desperate to do the procedure. if there are only 2 people who can do it where you are then the other doctor is the only expert witness in a case against him. not a good thing.

There are multiple solutions for you. with UFE perhaps a Certain % will grow new vessels but what %? 80%? 0. 01 %?

Look for a doc who gives you at least 4 options with pros and cons based on scientific studies. Otherwise keep searching. if a doc cannot refer to scientific literature keep moving.

• Posted

YES YOU ARE right he was too desperate convincing me to do it and when i said i wanted to do it in vip ward he said i suggest you do it in public ward because in vip ward you will wait too long .BUT I CONSULTED him in the vip place .HE LOOKS that he is desperate to steal a kidney .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.