Update: PE tubes or scans first

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi! i just wanted to post an update of everything that has happened since my last post...

so long story short- i did not get the tubes! the dr i went to for a second opinion was questioning superior canal dehiscence vs patulous eustachian..... he did the CT of the temporal bone and rather than dehiscence it actually showed some type of soft tissue density.... so he has since sent me for an MRI which does show some type of mass near my cochlea- most likely a glomus tympanicum (i think the report called it).....

im not sure yet what the plan is moving forward... but the crazy thing is this: i had my MRI last wednesday - and that day and the day before, my symptoms seemed to be getting worse..... i woke up thursday morning and noticed my hearing was actually quite better than it had been in a long time.... another long story short- my ear fells 100% normal! Obviously the scan shows there is something there- but i am just thrilled because ALL of my symptoms are completely gone (WITH NO TREATMENT). I am a Christian and my only explanation is answered prayers!!!! GOD IS GOOD!

(i did want to put this out there tho- if ur having the same symptoms i was- maybe ask ur dr about glomus tympanicum - or even superior semicircular canal dehiscence- which is a fairly newly discovered thing not all ENT drs know to look for -at least where i am from)

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

who was the doctor you saw? he sounds like he went above and beyond to help you. the doctors where i live are a total joke and dont have any care they just care about how you pay

• Posted

he was really on top of things- seemed to know what he was talking about- i was super confident in him.... his name is DAVID SEXTON... he is in KNOXVILLE, TN

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.