Update : Someone finally listened

Posted , 9 users are following.

Finally got my 2nd opinion with the colorectal surgeon, he's almost certain I've got a rectocele which has moved further up since the prolapse surgery,so I'm waiting for a proctogram ,I don't particularly want it to be this as he did say I would require more surgery but it all makes sense as to why my bowels don't work,why I'm still in pain and still feel as if I have a prolapse as it's 8mths since my prolapse surgery, I finally got back to work,managed 3 hours and could hardly walk I was in so much pain so not sure what I'm going to do next Hope everyone else is doing well x

2 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sounds terrible to be in so much pain. I do hope you can get some rest, and relief.

I've had a problem of not going well for a long time. Then I got the rectecele, had to live with it for 3 months. I was so terrified of going, I had Doctor precribe Linzess. It does keep me regular. The lactose stuff didn't really work on me. Thought I would mention that in case anyone had the same problem.

Hope things get better for you.smile

• Posted

To be honest I am at breaking point as I've been like this for over a year and assumed that it would all be better after my prolapse repair, I'm on a variation of laxatives to keep things moving but still only go twice a week which is still traumatic 😑

• Posted

i havve been told i have a rectocele and i cant go to the toilet and have to take laxatives every day and it is traumatic cant eat properly either cos dont know what to eat to help with the toilet did you have the operation and was it a success
    • Posted

I haven't had my proctogram yet but had a good chat with my Dr yesterday who agrees with the consultant that I more than likely have a rectocele and unfortunately surgery is my only option, I take an array of different laxatives 7 /8 in total and still struggle, but my Dr said your poo can get stuck on a shelf of bowel then when it's full it kind of falls off (making sense of why I empty my bowels every 4/5 days ) I've been to physio and she basically said just carry on as you are, I have noticed that no matter what I eat drink etc hasn't made any difference and believe me I've tried everything keep in touch xx

• Posted

I'm almost 8 weeks post op for rectocele repair and can now poo normally!!! Yay!

• Posted

That's great it's been that long since I pooed normal I can't wait 😊😊😊

• Posted

I have been told I have a rectocele and wondering what help will be offered if any or is it surgery, does anyone know
    • Posted

Hello christine. I'm presuming you are in the UK. There's absolutely no reason why you won't be offered help, the NHS has a duty to care for you. If after discussions with your consultant you decide you don't want surgery then other options could be made available to you. Was it your GP who told you that you had a rectocele?

• Posted

I had a proctogram which they found the rectocele that was a few months ago the consultant has not been in touch and I am beginning to think they are just leaving me and at a loss what to do
    • Posted

Give the consultant's secretary a ring and ask for an appointment with him to discuss your options. Failing that ask your GP to contact him. Don't be put off, sometimes you just have to give them a gentle nudge in the right direction x

• Posted

Is a rectoncele a prolapse of the bowel and that is just the name for it and what stages are these rectonceles are they stage one, two etc does anyone know what level is the rectoncele at and how can they tell
    • Posted

Yes a rectocele is when the bowel protrudes through the vaginal wall. Regarding the stages, this is determined on vaginal examination one being minor prolapse but that doesn't mean it won't cause problems, constipation for instance.

• Posted

I have not had a proper bowel movement in over 6 months and have to take laxatives cant sleep property as i am usually up in the night  do you think it now requires surgery no one seems to be helping me and just suggesting exercises which i doubt will improve anything what do you think
    • Posted

Yes you definitely warrant surgery. Your quality of life is affected so personally I would have a repair.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.