Update... Still getting yellow balls in stools [with images]

Posted , 212 users are following.

Hello everyone,

If you've seen my previous discussion from last year, you will know I was having problems with undigested food, strands of fibre and these yellow balls in my stool.

After eliminating dairy and going vegan once again, the symptoms cleared up for a bit. However, after a couple months, the strands of fibre and yellow balls have come back!

I'm once again worried about these yellow balls - they're a bit hard to touch, but squidgy and semi-solid in the middle (it's not sweetcorn - the balls are bigger, plus I haven't eaten any in the past week to rule this out anyhow). They appear more so when my stools are harder but can also appear in soft stools.

Is anybody experiencing similar symptoms or does anyone have any ideas about what these could be?

Pictures are below.

3 likes, 280 replies

280 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

I have similar things in my poop but it's less frequent and smaller than yours I think. I think I have it because I don't eat enough.

• Posted

Have you been eating anything new in your diet? Monitor your diet to see if anything else is not digesting properly. Sounds like you are having another IBS flare up. Try to relax; this will help control your IBS.

• Posted

I know for a fact its not mucus. Its solid. The first time I got it it was about the size of a ping pong ball. Now whenever I do get it its about the size of a stink bug. I Believe its because of the fact that I sometimes don't eat until 5:00 pm. It's a side effect of a pill I take everyday when I get up. It doesn't hurt or anything. It's just a little strange.

• Posted

Do you need to take this medication? If you do, I would ask your doctor to change it to see if it gets rid of this side effect.

• Edited

hmmm I have seeing the same thing, one every day in the afternoon. been happening for about 5 weeks now. when I break it open its white dry powder almost and really stinks. the outside is kind of waxy yellow, perfectly round and flat on either side. I have terrible, oily really smelly diarrhea.

• Edited

yellow poo either bile related or gallstones. see your doctor and insist on a 2nd opinion if you don't gett an answer.

• Posted

how did you get on with the doctor's did they help you sort it?

• Edited

same here!!! idk what it is! its freaking me out.

i am usually, because of my meds, constipated. but for the past month i have been having a hard time trying to poop. like being constipated. it feels like its hard to come out but when i finally get it to come out, its runny like diarrhea

amd i have 2-3 of these pea sized balls. yellow. looks exactly like a pea. like u said perfectly circle but flat on both sides and when squeeze it open its thick white powder stuff with bad smell.

have u found any information of what it can be? i dont eat peas. ever. i jus started seeing these a month ago. diet has not changed.

• Edited

yea i have started getting these this summer . its strange and i dont know what they are either but mine come out perfectly round with sludge and a white round hard pill looking thing. when i break it open with a toothpick is dry inside

• Edited

do you take wellbutrin? i have the same exact thing its almost like a pill inside of the ball

• Edited

yes i do take bupropion which is the generic wellbutrin . Do you think it could be the problem? only thing is that my pills are not yellow. They are white. And where does the yellow round casing come from?

• Edited

i literally created an account to chime in . i take welbutrin and i just noticed the same exact problem!!!! same exact description so wtf is it????

• Posted

i dont know what they are. I have been taking bupropion (wellbutrin) for years and never had a problem until this year. I did get my gallbladder removed in 2018 though which makes me think maybe its a combination of both thats giving me problems.

• Edited

I take Wellbutrin and I also have started having this issue

• Posted

I take the generic of wellbutrin and I see these occassionally too. I wonder if its reason for concern?

• Posted

i am having the exact same issue, i take bupropion and i just had my gullbladder removed a month ago, so i think they are right about its a combo between the two

• Posted

Omg same just made an account for the same reason. Ive seen this thread in searching for answers in the past but may gave not reached this section.

• Posted

i do..... and i have these things in my stool.... what does it have to do with the Wellbutrin?

• Edited

ok,first time for me I'm a 43 year old male with a diaphragmatic hernia, hiatal hernia and umbilical hernia. several herniated discs, 5 fused vertebrae (4 cervical and 1 lumbar) i do take several medications including 10mg oxycontin and 7.5 Percocet and i should be constipated but have diarrhea daily for a about 6 years. hoping to the bottom (every pun intended) this bulbous globular marble sized body accompanied my bowel movement this evening and i was hoping to get resolution here. I'll take mine to my physician tomorrow and undoubtedly he'll send it for biopsy, i see some of you have already done that so I'm not too confident of any immediate clarification.

• Posted

Did you ever figure out what this is? i had the same thing today.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.