Update: thanks for all replies to my previous posts.....

Posted , 6 users are following.

Have just read through all of them again because have had quite a few binges since I last posted.

Counseling and meds have helped with depression and I've taken steps to see doc about counselling for specific needs.  However, I find myself feeling a little bit happier and wanting to "celebrate" with a glass or two.  Sometimes it is just that.

I used to drink to block things out and opening up to the counsellor has helped, but I don't understand why I still go on to binge. I used to get argumentative which doesnt happen now .  But family are frustrated and one of them assaulted me on Sunday.  It's affecting my relationships.   I am totally confused and frightened.  I feel so vulnerable and that any moment my whole life is going to fall apart.  God knows.  This weekend has been awful.  Last weekend was awful.  I can't take this any more.  I'm scared.  I look dreadful and feel dreadful.  When is it going to stop. Am aching all over

Not drunk since Sunday. Intend never to drink again.  Seems like Im moving very slowly forward in some ways and taking huge leaps back in others.  I love my family but they are begining to hate me.  Have some phone numbers to ring re support ..... don't know where to start

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You have a medical disorder, Sue. This idea that people CHOOSE to drink excessively is old fashioned and outdated. Unfortunately most of the world is brainwashed to believe that. Read about 'The Sinclair Method' and, even if it's not for you, take note of the explanations about why some people get into difficulty with alcohol while the majority of the population don't.

It's not your fault, but it falls on you to find a solution. They do exist and the ones that work do not consist of punishment and blame.

• Posted

thank you Paul.  I have read up on TSM. asked doc about this and the medications, but she had no idea or experience of this.  I have three phone numbers to contact local help, so will call them when I pull myself round a bit
    • Posted

I am also looking into this method also.  After several relapses I need to do something different.  I'm not sure if my doctor participates but I think I know one that does the injections for those addicted to herion so I'm sure he has to prescribe the pills to alcoholics.  And that I am!  I went to eat tonight with my husband and was so mad because the watiress walked by me 3 times and did not refill my drink.  I still drank four to my husband's two drinks.  Definitely need to try another route.
    • Posted

Hi Kelly.  I really hope you find your way and get the help you need.  I too drink too fast, Probably a bottle of wine in an hour at home.  hate myself and some times I just don't stop
    • Posted

Thank you Sue.  I keep trying.  Apparently not hard enough.  How are you doing today?
    • Posted

Not to bad really. Looking into nalmefene and hoping to speak to someone soon.

Three days clear

• Posted

I'm glad to hear that. I finally have a free morning tomorrow to make phone calls about the one particular med. I had one month clear. Wish I could say 1 day clear. Hang in there!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.