update to setback and depressed

Posted , 4 users are following.

Still in the hospital but spirits are better. Thank you to everyone who responded. Your thoughts and we'll wishes helped. I'm driving the nurses crazy trying to keep up with my exercises 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Don't worry your not on your own, I'm on 2ndknee, 1st February, 2nd End of July, usual setbacks,we all have them. I'm impatient now, weary of exercises really having to talk to myself averaging 3 times a day at the moment, thinking I should be more ahead than I am, wanting to do more than I can, still on one crutch, nearly straight and a 104 rom. Grrrr!!  But as Chico says own it!! Looking at the Invicta Games and thinking oh WOW they know how to own it.  Hopefully this will be behind us all over next months😀😀😀😀

• Posted

Try not to be impatient​ , it takes as long as it takes , in the words of the old song You cant hurry love , neither can you hurry recovery . Try exercise more often for less time , the more you do the better without over doing it . We get there in the end . 
    • Posted

I never managed three times a day! Settled for one 45 min session in the end with other bitscand h obs thrownbin here and there!

Be kind to yourself! You are amazing going through this again! 😊

• Posted

45 mins Eeek, I do 10 reps straightening, 10 reps knee slides for Rom 3 times a day, plus walking max 1 mile I do stairs 5 times a day. This is on my pt advice, maybe I should be doing more. 

Thank nk you Jenny no choice really, had to push myself mentally to do the second one my husband and daughters insisted, but all in the fullness of time. I sometimes think that the months passing are the real answer, people and pt have so much variance in what they advise on the exercise front, to do or not to do!! Hope you are still progressing😀😀

• Posted

I hasten to add the 45 mins were spent moving very slowly indeed as i was exhausted! And only able to do a long stint around a month after the op! 😃😀

I agree all different advice and experiences. I was not doing stairs more than once a day or walking as much as you, and used crutches, two, for the first two months and continued with either one or two for another month.

I reckon overdoing it is as much of a negative as not doing enough exercise.So no need to eeeek! 🐀🐁🐀😁

Let the knee be the guide! Like a new born baby!

Yes, with time, ...

Things great now, i am six months, so grateful I have a new lease of life and still very tired at times but very happy. Need to continue to lose some weight and so my relationship with exercise continues!

• Posted

Glad you feel a bit better.

Driving the nurses crazy sounds interesting!

X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.