Update was given tinidazole for BV

Posted , 4 users are following.

went back to consultant im allergic to metronidazole and bv always comes back after clyndamycin consultant gave me tinidazole ive nearly finished antibiotics and i can feel it leaking out of me and smelling of fish! he said the last resort is it come off the pill and not be on any contraception has anyone else ever been told this?!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm so sorry for you having to go through that. I've never been told that. If you haven't already...try these remedies. They work for me, not permanently, but stays at bay a while before re-treatment.

1. BORIC ACID vaginal capsules...insert for up to 5 days (longer if necessary). I personally can use 1-2 nights. Insert at night and wear minipads or maxi if needed during the day. After a successful treatment, you can try Rephresh Gel Inserts every 3 days.
    2. Take a bath in water and hydrogen peroxide. Not a tub full, but just enough to have your private underwater. For me, the odor went away immediately.

3.. Take a daily probiotic. I recently switched to Dr. Formulated for Women 50 BILLION.

Other just good "housekeeping" things I do is eat Activia yogurt twice a day and drink lots of water (sometimes with a lemon). Water detoxifies your body.

Everybody is different so I cannot guarantee this will work for you, but it might be worth a try. GOOD LUCK!

• Posted

Hey, I suffered with BV for a year. A few weeks ago my gyno prescribed my clindamycin, fluomizin, levofloxacin, and fluconazole for yeast an guess what: I still had BV.

I was so sick of going to the doctor every month and tried everything from probiotics, vitamin c, vitamin d, folic acid, antibiotics, and I still had it.

I read somewhere about this girl who drank antioxidants after her meds and it cured her so I decided to try it out. So right after my meds:

1. Mix 1 tbsp liquid chlorophyll with water 3x a day but I just mixed a few tbsp and filled it into a huge water bottle so I can drink it throughout the day (sometimes I drink 1-2tbsp of this detox drink which is apple cider vinegar, honey, ginger, and lemon once a day but i hate the taste so i just ditched it)
    2. One week all fruit and vegetable detox
    3. Ditched all of my leggings and switched to loose/harem pants (doctor said to let oxygen flow in and to reduce moisture/dampness)
    4. Doc told me to go buy lactic acid wash for daily use
    5. Bought yogurt drinks (with probiotics) and drank one bottle every night.

My period came a week and a few days after I did all that. Had sex a few times after my period too and still no discharge, no smell, no itch, I feel completely normal again. Hope this lasts!

Search Viva Gel on google - it is a new medicine that targets BV biofilms and a preventive treatment after the meds that is on the works right now.

• Posted

ladies ive been bv free for 2 months after stopping the contraceptive pill and using condoms every time i have sex the gyno may have been right the pill changes your skin and causes the fishy discharge!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.