Upped dosage,

Posted , 4 users are following.

Afternoon,

I upped my dose to 75mg last Monday and having some very strange side effect, I feel like my whole body is vibrating like a cat purring, which has made me go into a major panic, my anxiety is through the roof again,

I've been going slow in upping the dosage, 25mg for 3wks, then 50mg for 9wks , and now 75mg, I thought the increase may have slowed the side effects down not given me a completely different one, anyone else experienced this,

at the moe I feel like I want to taper off them and stop all together,

Thanks Matt

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey buddy 😃 I'm in the same boat tbh. I upped from 50 to 75 about 4 weeks ago now. And im still bad. Anxiety is through the roof. And de real is worst than ever. I think I'm going to drop back down to 50. 75 may be a little to much for me. Sorry could not help you more tho. But stay strong and positive 😃 we will beat this

• Posted

That's ok mate thanks for the reply,

that's the thing bloody meds make you feel 70% better then you think I just need that little bit extra and your back to square one, I felt really good on 50mg so like yourself I'm thinking 75 is too much, but then again may be I haven't given it long enough, I dunno, but as u say gotta stay positive and we WILL beat this,

good luck in what you decide to do,

• Posted

Hi Matt,

Each time you up the dosage unfortunately it can give side effects for the next few weeks until your body adjusts.

Whenever I have had an increase I also take diazepam as and when needed to help with the side effects. Maybe it is worth while askinge your doctor for some of these also

• Posted

Hello, as someone else mentioned, Benzo's can be a life saver when managing side effects transition through doseage changes. I get a small prescription of Lorazepam and it only needs 1mg pil to bring me from the point of "having to go home from work" to feeling chilled in about 20 mins. They are highly addictive so not a long term strategy like antidepressants but emergency use through moderation can really help you navigate the choppy sea's of medication induced anxiety symptoms.

On Wednesday after suffering for 2 days, i was in tears on a train platform on my phone to my mum and i'm 45 years old FFS! I popped a Lorazepam and 20 mins later i am listening to my fave artist on my headphones and looking forward to an evening with the kids, wife, dog etc 😉

You don't have to suffer on your own. Best of luck with recovery!

• Posted

Thanks for the positive reply,

ive got a doctor's appointment in a week or so, if the side effects haven't gotten any better then I'll ask about some anxiety meds,

oh don't been there done that, on the phone to my mum bawling, I'm 43, 😏 it's awful what anxiety can do to you,

good luck in your recovery also ,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.