Upped dosage of citalopram 40mg 4 months ago

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all felt very stressed in January with anxiety and bit of depression so doc upped my dose to 40mg been on 40mg for about 4 and a bit months. Felt awful for the first 3 -4 weeks until I settled again now a week ago feel like I'm going back there again 😭 no a apetie at all feel anxious all day and night. Could I be having a blip and over done it to soon after my dose increase? Thank you for reading xxx

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like a blip, don't get to stressed about it. Carry on with the tablets.

Don't think they are not working.

These meds take a long time to work but they will. Just take it easy and you'll be fine😃

• Posted

Hello Angie thank you very much for your reply made me feel calmer. I have eaten a little tonight which is a good sign. My anxiety is at the most highest in the mornings 😥 x

• Posted

I learned the hard way too Cheryl. I had been on 40mg for 4 weeks and too a drink and was ill for a week anxiety awful. I'm now getting back on track again and taking it easy. No alcohol for me for a while. It's not worth it x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.