upped dose from 75mg to 150mg, effects?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, after being on 75mg slow release for two weeks i have upped my dose to 150mg slow release. Had no real ill effects on the 75mg, but this is day two of the 150mg and both days, come few hours after having taken it i have felt quite dizzy and also bit more anxious / low. Think this could just be side effect of higher dose?

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi 51,

I hope I can help.  I was on 225mg of Venlivaxine for a while and seemed to be coping, so much that I disscussed with my GP coming of altogether as I was having dreadful side effects, sweating,nausea,anxiety,painful stomach and joints,poor appitite and sleep. We reduced the dosage to 150 then 75mgs slowly and I have been there for 4 weeks.The side effects of withdrawl are horrendous, much worse. This morning I agreed with my GP that, although I am going through harsh times, I may as well stop the Venlafaxine altogether. This is what I am now hoping to do.

You probably are beginning to feel the side effects of the increased dosage. My advise to you would be, if at all possible, ask for an alternative to Venlavaxine. The side effects of being on the drug and eventual withdrawl side sffects far outweigh the benifits of being on the drug.

I hpoe this gives you some perspective on the use of Venlafaxine ( I think It should be banned) and help you discover some alternative. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi there

I was on effexor on and off for years and can confirm it sounds exactly like your dose increase is bringing on more side effects. 

Experience suggests that you will find they tail off somewhat as your body adjusts, but you may find at least some of them persist.

One side effect less often spoken of is the inability to reach orgasm or in some cases to become aroused, and my experience was this got worse with dose but decreased over months.

If you need to come off XR I highly recommend the "XR caplet gradual emptying method" smile

• Posted

Yes I was same, it's just the stronger dose going Into ur system, give it a week x
    • Posted

How you getting on with it?  What dose are you on? 
    • Posted

I'm great now and am on 150mg I take it for panic attacks anxiety smile just don't give up, any feelings u get will pass :-) x
    • Posted

Hi reasoning

I don't know if you are talking to me but I was on and off it for about 6 years, with the longest run being about a year.

Hope you are feeling better, waiting to see if meds will help can be nerve wracking.

• Posted

Cheers Ross, i know supposed give it a few weeks to kick in, just nightmare waiting for it to happen lol
    • Posted

A couple of months now and it has definatly made a big difference I also get CBT do u? It's good too
    • Posted

Actually just made an appointment yesterday to see somebody about getting CBT, seeing them on Saturday. How are you getting on with that?
    • Posted

It's a huge help glad u are doing that too smile u will see a big difference in ur self in no time 
    • Posted

It helps u understand the way u are feeling and gets you to think differently it's very successful too 
  • Posted

I had those symtons too it will pass hope ur feeling better x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.