Upped dose prozac fluxotine from 20mg to 30mg

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all had the most worse day of my life again been on 20mg fluxotine 11 weeks was upped by my doctor to 30mg I feel terrible absolutely riddled in anxiety feel so overwhelmed by everything is this normal when upping dose feel like I'm never going to get better feeling like giving up on everything!!!please help 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Jane from all I have read, when you upped the dosage, you started over again. 

I am in week 12 on 20 mg and the anxiety has gotten better. Previously I was on 5,10 and 15 for 12 weeks. I still don’t feel well but I can get dressed and go out. 

I know you have young children which has to make it so difficult. Had the anxiety gotten bearable for you? Is that why you went to 30mg? Do you see a psych dr or a gp?

My anxiety started getting  better in the 11 th week, but I had started taking a beta blocker, so I don’t know what helped time Or the B.B.  the anxiety is still there just to a lesser extent.  Can you sleep at night?  

Write on this forum any time you need to. It helps to write how you feel.  Everyone reading here understands. They are either there or have been there. 

• Posted

I am having anxiety even on 10mg day 14, had to go down to 5 today, also feeling very hot on them, if you can't cope I would go back down , I could not sleep the last two nights, rapid heart beats, also have propranolol to take,

• Posted

Hi Jane,

‘I know the anxiety is terrible. I hit the 6 week mark tomorrow. 42 days. I hope the next 42 show some improvement. I am on 20mgs and will stay there for another 6 weeks. I take .25 Klonipin a day and a beta blocker 10mgs. I also take Trazadone at night for sleep. Hope the 30mg helps you with anxiety.

• Posted

How are you doing Jane, I have been on Fluoxetine for 6 weeks today. I still have horrible anxiey and no appetite. I hope the increase helps the anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.