Upped my lexapro dose and having some issues-help!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Anyone had sleep disruption while increasing a med? I’m on 10 mg of lexapro and upped only 2.5 mg to 12.5 mg. This was on Friday, past two night have been hell w sleep. I’m taking .5 klonopin for sleep and STILL having issues. I hate this!!! 

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi mere 

Every time you change doses of this Med you well have side effects for a few day or may be weeks everyone different 

Good luck.

They are some good people on this site with good advice 

😀😀

• Posted

Seems like such a small amount to have these issues!! I didn’t have any start up issues but I cross tapered Prozac to lex. 
    • Posted

These meds are strange at times.when I reduced my dose the first week I was ok then boom 💥💥all the withdrawal affects came out of no were just give it time things should get better 

Good luck 😀

• Posted

Are you taking it at night? I have been on Escitalopram 10mg for 17 nights so far, take it at 7pm, sleep even better. I want to go to 15, then 20 eventually, each dose increase will bring about the 2 side effects I have had, drowsiness and dry mouth
    • Posted

I take in the am bc I have sleep issues...how long till side effects go away?
  • Posted

Have you tried taking it in the pm? I take mine then 20mg and it also makes me sleep.
  • Posted

I haven't switched to escitalopram yet--I will tomorrow--but I had major sleep issues when I first started taking Citalopram. Like 4-6 weeks of having to take Trazadone AND lorazepam in order to sleep, and then another month of just trazodone.

?Hang in there:-). 

• Posted

Thanks. I’m super anxious too!! Like panicky. I only upped 2.5 mg seems silly it would affect me this way. I’m on klonopin .5 mg and it still isn’t cutting it. 
    • Posted

Mere, 

I had the same exact problem. They gave me 0.5mg Klonopin to sleep & it didn’t help. I ended up taking Melatonin time released (5mg or 10mg) in conjunction with the Klonopin & it was a lifesaver. You can get it from Amazon or Walgreens. The brand is “Natrol” purple & white bottle. I highly recommend it!

• Posted

Does it say you can take it with other medicines, are there side effects at all, how much do you take
    • Posted

Thanks! I’m seeing my doc today so I will mention. Did it even out after your dose increase?
    • Posted

My psychiatrist said it’s fine to take Melatonin with Klonopin & Lex. I took 5mg time released 1st to see how it worked. I ended up needing the 10mg time released for a while. Now I only take Klonopin & am weaning off that. But remaining on the Lexapro.

• Posted

Yes my anxiety got better so I was able to stop taking the melatonin. Now am taking Klonopin but weaning off that. Hoping the Lexapro will be therapeutic now. And I’ll only take that. If I have trouble sleeping again I will take melatonin. It’s non habit forming, no side effects.
    • Posted

Thanks. I might try some tonight and see how it goes! Glad it worked out so well!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.