Upped to 200mg 2days ago.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Okay so my doctor upped my sertraline dose to 20g 2 days ago.. and I know this is near on impossible and I shouldn't even be asking because I've been taking medication for so long BUT

I swear, day 2 and I'm feeling irritated and really low and keep dissociating.. there's no way it could be the start off side affects of it being upped?

I haven't had the characterised side affects of anti depressence (mood affecting e.g.; may cause suicidal thoughts and low mood for the first few weeks, as the doctor always says ) so I'm not sure if this could be that but it's only been two days?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I've been on 50mg of sertraline since December and started to improve but then last few weeks went downhill again. I was having crying and anger outbursts. I went back to my GP on Monday and he increased my dose to 75mg. I have been feeling worse and it's only been 5 days. Feel so depressed when I wake up in the morning I have to drag myself out of bed, I just want to stay there and sleep so I don't have to feel this pain. I have been having suicidal thoughts as well, just want the pain to go away. I don't know whether the increase in medication has caused this or the fact that my marriage problems aren't getting any better. Not sure whether to go back to 50mg or stick with the 75mg and hope things improve. Has anybody else experienced suicidal thoughts when increasing dose?

• Posted

Hi Forestflower, yes, this could be the side effect. Everybody's very different. I feel mine very strongly. IF I miss my dose by 2 hours my head starts hurting and I start sweating. So hang in there. It will get better.

• Posted

Yes every time you increase your dose you can experience side effects. These side effects will eventually go away with time. It normally took 2 weeks or so for mine to disappear after upping my dose. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.